Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you feel when

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:15 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 188 Total Views

You post in a group and get absolutely no response? It hasn't happened in this group. But there are a couple of groups I have posted in that have gotten nothing. Nothing major, just some cute posts, but it seems the drama posts get reaction.... Guess that makes this seem like a drama post huh? Lol... Not really though. Just wondering if you keep posting or do you just forget it and move on?

by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:31 PM
4 moms liked this

I never get ignored 'cause I'm awesome.  lol

But seriously, if I were to have a post that didn't get a response, I'd figure that it just wasn't very interesting to the other ladies and move on.  No biggie.  But we ladies in this group try and make sure no post goes without an acknowledgement.  Even if it's just a couple of responses.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this

If it happened a lot then I move on.. I also have dropped some groups as I am just not active enough...  hugs....

ALolies
by 'Lil Feather' H.A. on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:39 PM

This is a fabulous group. I always get a response here and in most of my groups. And I am not offended by the lack of response in the others. I just wonder how others view it. Some groups are just more about the drama and that's ok. I read the drama, so I guess I'm interested too... Lol.... Just curious I guess...

Lovemyshadows
by Bronze sister on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I've never posted in this group that didn't get a response.  I guess that's why I like this group so much.

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I forget it and move on...they are obviously looking for something I'm not willing to give, so they don't deserve my take on things.

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Sometimes I wonder if I posted to much info, or just no interest. People usually come around and say something.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this

There is one rule that we like to live by and that we have no zero reply post. I will say this if you have a post that is important to you and you need us to feature it we will. Also if you come in and see your post needs more attention then you can do one or two things, bump it so it will be at the top of the forum and/or flow the conversation. I notice that when you flow the conversation in a post your response gain more attention because the members know you are interested in their point of view and opinion.

buttersworth
by Sister on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I usually get at least one. If it's just one or a few, I figure I rambled. and  I'm ok with it.

RubyQ
by Gold sister on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Just as every thought that crosses our minds doesn't need to be articulated, every post we write doesn't necessarily need to be commented on. It's disheartening to not get a response, but try not to take it personally. Once a post is up, it's an impersonal, random bit of words across someone's screen, not a reflection of your worth or value to the group. The site, or any site, is simply too big to place emotional expectations/value on. 

People gravitate to whatever mood/ need it is that they're trying to satisfy. if they need excessive drama to punctuate their otherwise placid lives, or continue a wildly emotional state of being, they'll find it. This is why the tabloids are still in publication despite their notorious untruths, and newspapers focus on tragedy/crimes. But not all drama is bad--it actually can be a catalyst for sparking interest in other intelligent posts or discussions. A site that is all peaches and cream can gradually water itself down so much that it supresses the variety of thought that sustains it and keeps it interesting.

So while I don't mind drama if it is concerning something worth discussing, I enjoy this group  because people here seem to be able to keep things interesting without it.  

cuteoverload
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Normally if you see someone who normally posts and you post in theirs, they will find yours and post in yours.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)