Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Stress Eating? Stress Sleeping?

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:28 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 171 Total Views

When I woke up this morning I had an intense craving for ice cream.  Vanilla.  I can't remember the last time I afforded myself some ice cream.  I wondered if I even had any in the house.  I went of search of it, and found it in the freezer from Christmas.  It had a little freezer burn but I needed it.  I had three huge over-lapping tablespoons full.  Then I helped myself to some Miralaxed coffee.

I'm not a stress eater, in fact I go the opposite way.  I've actually lost 20 lbs. in stressing over my foot and weaning off as many of my preventative migraine drugs as possible.  And not a lick of exercising in there with this darned foot.

Not that I don't have stress.  Usually when my one brother calls it's because he's A) scared; B) needs money, or C) both.  Seeing dysfunctional siblings' names pop up on the caller ID makes us C R I N G E.  So I go to bed instead of eating, which is a better thing.  Remember how many times I've said, "it's so much safer in bed?"  Yesterday was one of those phone call days that made me not want to eat, maybe that's why I needed the sweet ice cream today.

Photographer
Photographer (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

Tomorrow I have to go for a headshot of myself.  Hysterical!  I'm headed to a conference in May where I will be selling my books (self-publishing means I have to self-market), and Buffalo Barbie insists I have headshots done in case I want a poster of myself or need to submit a headshot (which I do).  This is getting a bit much.  She knows me well though, and knows I don't feel very comfortable doing it.  So she said I should have "props" to make the pic fun and less serious.

So you wait, you'll see the results soon.  I hope the photographer takes his medications in the morning.

www.sarahberardi.com

by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
looneymom424
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Our body craves things it needs sometimes maybe you needed milk or sugar and that is what it wanted

sberardi39
by Sister on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:13 AM

pretty sure it was the sugar!

GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I wish I didn't eat when I was stressed, but food is definitely my crutch.  

NewMom11222011
by Bronze sister on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Stress eating, yep do it all the time.  For me stress makes me less able to sleep!

Mama2Spencerninja

RoseWall
by RoseWall on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep. I try 2 eat spinache leaves or black beans before i eat the craved item. Except the other day i ate asparagus then two cookies. Otherwise i would have had six or more cookies

childofGod995
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this

you think you have it bad as far as eating goes.i stress eat and sleep eat. sleep eat is when you get up and get food and bring it to bed and eat some of it and find the rest either all over your clothes or on the bed or on the floor because you ate it while you were asleep.

RoseWall
by RoseWall on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)