Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

What do you think

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:11 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 162 Total Views

Do you think that Americans could be more productive if it was mandatory that we take 2 to 5 weeks of paid vacation all at one time. During this time you are to have no contact with your employer/coworkers.. NO WORK AT ALL.. no emails, no phone calls, no research, no nothing... you are to spend time with the family and doing stuff for yourself. The french do this and they believe that they have better production than the American employee and they claim they have less turn over.

My family!!

by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
crazynut
by Bronze sister on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:17 PM

I dont know if it will help the turn over rate.. there are so many people that work in jobs they dont like.. Im one of them.. I have to have this job, so quitting is not an option.. not until I have something else. the thing is though.. I do believe that if I had 2 to 5 weeks paid vacation that I might find my self liking it more... heck I would just like a week paif vacation... I get nothing.. 

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:38 PM

hmm would be interesting to find out...

crazynut
by Bronze sister on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:44 PM

well heck yeah.. id sign up to be a beta tester!!

Quoting starlight1968:

hmm would be interesting to find out...

My family!!

Lovemyshadows
by Bronze sister on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:27 PM

I believe it would increase productivity.  Several years ago we went to St John VI.  Hubs couldn't call work if he wanted to.  3 days of peace. I know he was refreshed when he went back to work.

jmlmomma
by Momma's new BFF on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:34 AM

I KNOW it would cause a lot of small businesses to close down...I'm a small business owner, and we are all family.. I NEVER get a vacation and this year we had to ask my sister to not take one. We could not afford to not have someone working and we could not afford to pay her while out. 

gbcmom
by Bronze sister on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:39 AM
Yrs, I think mandatory paid vacation time would help.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN