Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Debate question: 3/4

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:24 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 141 Total Views

Each day we hear in the news about someone being sued for one reason or another and the amount is always in the millions.

What should be a good valid reason to sue? Is everyone going sue happy because of the poor economy or because it is a "easy" way to make a buck or two?

Thoughts?

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I hate the sue happy people. I think people are greedy as hell now and forget that everything we buy and every business we use are more expensive because of the insurance they carry. Medical is a huge one. People forget doctors spend $250,000+ each year on malpractice insurance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kryptomom
by Bronze sister on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Loss of life, or ability to earn a living.  Loss of certain freedoms enjoyed before the accident.

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Sister -lp on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:56 AM

I've never sued anyone and I've had some reasons I could have. I'm against it.

madcat500
by Bronze sister on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:16 AM

what someone said no wrongful death depends

coolmommy2x
by Silver sister on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't think the economy is much of a factor...people have been sue happy for a long time, before the economy went down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Ours is such a litigious society anymore, and I believe that lawyers looking to make money are largely to blame. Hmm...true grounds for a lawsuit: An issue in which one party is clearly at fault and they either do not have insurance or their insurance does not completely cover the costs to the injured; perhaps there is permanent loss of life or limb to the injured and/or their family is deprived of that income or their loved one.

mrgetinold
by Gold sister on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Yes we are a sue happy nation! Some cuts their finger, spills their hot coffee and they sue everyone involved down to the person that made the coffee filters to! Its beyond ridiculius!
For emotional distress! I get emotional distress just hearing about all the sueing!
I think there should be more standards as to what can be a lawsuit! No more ambulance chasing lawyers, no more commercials of lawyers egging you on to sue ( and i think we need to streamline the insurance both auto and health) but thats just my opinion!
Why123
by Nancy on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:47 AM

I believe that when you sue like that the only one who makes money is the lawyer.  I have never sued anyone and I think a lot of people think it is a quick way to make a lot of money.  I have a friend who is suing for wrongful death.  They hit her husband and left him lying in the road.  I think she has a case.

witch_e_woman
by The Witch of 40ish on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Cant really say, depends on the situation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)