Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Should Casey Anthony be "forgiven" of her debt?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:01 AM
  • 29 Replies
  • 369 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Casey Anthony will be in court today for her $800,000 debt that she has. She claims she only has $1000 and "living off the kindness of her friends" since being acquitted of the murder of her daughter. She has been ask to do a tell all book and she refuses which could help her get out of debt. My question would be if she is filing bankruptcy then how would she pay her monthly debt back? $500,000 of this debt is to her Lawyer Jose Baez.

Thoughts?

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:07 AM
3 moms liked this

Jose Baez got his money back in free publicity in my opinion and I think any book of hers would be nothing but fiction so I wouldn't read it if it was required  AND free. She needs to just go crawl back under a rock and stay out of the public eye.

cuteoverload
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I have followed this case for a long time.  She is guilty and even though was found innocent, my compassion is zilt or none. 

leighp1
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:12 AM
2 moms liked this

The only way I could see her being forgived for her debt is by signing any kind of waiver forbidding her of ever making any money off of any books, movies or anything related to her life in the public eye.  If she wants to play the poor me card, then she should stay poor.  And I hope she closes her eyes every night and sees that beautiful daughter of hers laying in the woods with duct tape on it's mouth.  I hope she hears the cries of her daughter wanting her mommy to hold her and take care of her.  I hope her nights are filled with nightmares and never ending terrors (just like her daughter faced in her last days).

atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Hell no. She got away with murder.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
madcat500
by Bronze sister on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:13 AM

she shoud write the book as a christen woman i can't juge her

2pink
by Sister on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Jail Time fits the bill, and the more time, the better.

valkay
by faithful sister on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Why should her debts be forgiven? I agree if she writes a book it would be all lies. That girl needed to be put in a mental Hospital.
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:21 AM

I think she should be put in a room with moms that actually love their children more than partying... Then her debt would be paid! They may forgive her monetary debt, but she still has a lot to pay, and she WILL pay that debt...

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:21 AM

nope!! she got away with one thing she does not get another "get out of jail free" for another...she OWES every penney to me.  And, it should be from working her fingers to the bone not off of some story...why subject us to that again...miserable excuse for a mother/woman..

mrgetinold
by Gold sister on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:43 AM
No, she cant bring back her baby, she in my opinion got away with a unspeakable crime and then went and partied ( may have had her baby in the trunk) omg, she lied saying some made up person had the baby! And she hadnt seen her for a month! why, if she want to party why not put that baby up for adoption? And shed still be here! Poor momma is having to hide, live of the kindness of friends and owes her lawyer a ton of money! No you pay it off until you face your maker for what you did! Oooppps i kinda got carried away on this one really ruffles up my feathers! Like o.j. and all this stuff on coming in on the blade runner now!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)