Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Keeping a positive attitude can be a tough thing to do!

I'm new here at Cafe Mom and I wanted to be able to share some stories about raising a son, sometimes alone for a spell, then changing lifestyles.  It's sometimes hard to keep a positive attitude when my son graduated with two degrees from college and had to move back home or be in the streets.  At 32, what advice can you give me when the colleges don't prepare students to work in the filed of their career choice, and the work history keeps a young man (your child) from getting that first real job.  Any tips....

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Replies (11-16):
cuteoverload
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 2:02 AM

I agree that it is not always easy to be positive when you are sending out resumes and at the Job Service and have not found a job but the fast food is always hiring or maybe in the corrections department.

Destiny846
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I am sorry that you are going through this.  I hope things get better for you soon.

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Hello, and welcome!

lil_mama06
by Debbie on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:46 PM

I know how frusterating it can be..When my husband and I were newly married, I was pg..We moved to be closer to my family..Brian had a heck of a time getting a job( construction) Finally he talked to someone and said "How in the world am I supposed to get experience when everyone wants 2 years or more experience..I'm 18, married with a baby on the way"..Impressed his 1st boss so he hired him...Best of luck to your son, hope he finds something soon... 

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this

My oldest daughter lives with me as well. She took a job in an unrelated field. Times are tough, and while her college degree helped her get the job, she had to take what was available in our city (and her Journalism degree did NOT get her a job in media. I have a Master's degree in Education and I'm not teaching per se. I work two jobs, one for an online university grading writing assignments as a teaching assistant, and the second working for a standardized testing service evaluating the English speaking ability of global workers). He can't be picky in this economy. A job is a job.

PinkDragonFly
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN