Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Call Back after my 1st Routine Mammogram

Posted by   + Show Post

I have decided not to tell anyone in my family or any of my friends about this as to not cause any 'worry' - we have had a few close friends that have either been diagnosed with or passed away from breast cancer in the past 2 years.  (I am not worried but I have a feeling certain people in my life would worry unneccesarily.)

I have had Mammograms before but they were always for 'an issue'.  I had a surgical biopsy done when I was 26 (benign) and I had a cyst aspirated when I was 33.  Both times I had extensive Mammograms & Ultrasounds done.

I also had a Mammogram & Ultrasounds done in 2010 AND last year when I felt a knot - both turned out to be 'fatty tissue'.  All 4 instances were on my right breast.

This past Friday, I had my first 'routine Mammogram' since I turned 40 in February.  I was actually suprised at how quickly it went since my past Mammograms were so detailed.  I was told if the Dr saw something different from last year's Mammogram, I would get a call on Monday.  If she didn't, I would get a letter in the mail within 2-3 weeks.

Well, I got a call today.  My Mammogram is different than last year requiring me to come back on Wednesday for more images and an ultrasound.

I am guessing this is routine - better safe than sorry, right?  With my history, I am not really surprised but I was kinda hoping not to hear anything...for once.  LOL

The good news, there is no history of breast cancer in my family and I don't plan on starting that 'tradition' either.

Just wondering how many of you have had the 'call back'?

Thanks for 'listening'!

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Replies (21-22):
imdodi
by New sister on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I will... this month... not looking forward to it... gotta face it...

Quoting ivf_blessed:

understandable but I hope you go back to be checked soon. :-)

Quoting imdodi:

I'm almost ashamed to reply...

At 38, I had my first mammo, and they saw "something" which they removed and "looks good, not cancer", had my second at 40 and they saw "something else",  they wanted to remove it... I am 43 and I never went back...  Yeah, I'm a fool...

daisybelle1960
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I've been called back a couple of times, and it was usually a 3 month after the first one kind. Everything turned out okay. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN