Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello, I'm Karan. I was a member of The Lounge but I think they booted me out cuz I haven't been in there for a long time. I had way too much crap going on with my hubby and my daughter. I'm back now and I feel I've aged greatly. 47 yrs old, going through menapause, but I can still run circles around Shad. He's my hubby (he's 81/2 yrs. younger) and I don't mean I can run Circles around him because he broke both his legs 2 yrs ago I think he's aging cuz he sits in front of his PS3 all day long and he's a little stiff. Unless his mom has him out working in the garden. Oh, did I mention... we live with my mother in law and her sister moved in too. But I don't want to ruin all the surprizes at once, ladies. Or get booted out too soon. I do not have drama, it's the other people in this house that have it. LOL  Anyone getting fat due to menapause? I clean a medical university for a living and I'm on  my feet all day from 2pm to 1030pm and my ass is getting bigger, I don't get it! I was wondering if it was due to the menapause. I called my mother a few weeks ago and asked her when I can look forward to start peeing myself. Okay that's it for now, home early tonight so I think I will go and play a game. Talk soon.?

puppy

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Replies (11-15):
hau_siyoka
by Doll Baby on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Welcome Welcome to the 40ish and Beyond family  ::dusting off your backside::  This is a real family of sisters who live, play, and party like no other group around....We love our sisters and understand that real life has to come first in order to survive...You have to pay bills to keep yourself online and we don't wear boots....they are  so restrictive and its not uncommon to find some of us in jammies and slippers lol....

Relax and enjoy your time with us...We look forward to learning more about you....Pull up to the computer and make yourself at home...There is always room in  our world for another sister!!!!welcome

looneymom424
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Welcome to the group they never booted me for not being around so I guess they wont boot you.  Hugs sounds like alot.  As someone who has broken parts of my body it isnt easy to get around the arthitis sets in and you just dont want to move.  Yes I have gain so much weight I weigh what I weighed back when I had my kids. ugh

Rowen121
by New sister on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:19 PM

So funny!! Love the sense of humor!! Although I am not in charge of who writes what, I would not kick you out!! Everyone needs a sense of humor in life.. As for your living situation?? My mother used to say, "there is always someone else who has it worse than you" Not to be a jerk but how the hell do you manage on a daily basis?? Must be the humor!! As for the changes in the body post age 40+!! Me too!! What a pain in the ass!! No pun intended!! I am on a no sugar kick now hoping to drop some pounds.. Who knew?? I used to be sooooo athletic....sooooo, in shape.... Then, I woke up one day and had a different metabolism... Still doing research on metabolism and now with spring (hopefully) around the corner, I will start working this body!!  I am quite new to this group...so, not sure how this works.. Hang in there....keep the humor!!!

karankay
by New sister on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Thanks everyone for the warm greeting. I look forward to chating with you all. I am pretty fun. My boss has nicknamed me trouble (I have no idea why). "The town ...no the state, I live in does not have day light savings", I told my boss, "because it would confuse all the cracks that are driving around!" But I shouldn't be named Trouble cuz of that. LOL Have a great day ladies and thanks again. 

JennaBea
by Silver sister on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Hey Karen. Nice to meet you. My name is Suprina and welcome to the group :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)