Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

NFL player works at a sandwich shop

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:31 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 181 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I wish all players would take this players example and show the kids and fans that they are not to good to make $7.50 an hour and work a honest day job instead of getting in trouble. I heard an interview with him yesterday and he said that he rather make sandwiches than go out and do something stupid to get him in trouble while on break. What a hero!!

Sandwiched between the end of the NFL season and the start of training camp, Terrance Ganaway found himself bored.

A few days and one tweet later, he had a job.

Ganaway has spent this offseason working at Texas chain Jimmy John’s, a sandwich shop in Waco, Texas, where he attended Baylor University. Ganaway, a member of the St. Louis Rams, appeared in just three games during the 2012 season. He was drafted in the sixth round of the 2012 NFL Draft (202nd overall) by the New York Jets.

He’s also a member of the team at Jimmy John’s, thanks in part to a tweet asking his followers if anyone knew of any leads.

“Staying out of trouble is the big thing,” Ganaway told KCEN-TV in Temple, Texas. “It gets real dull during the off-season for any athlete regardless of the sport and we have a lot of money and a lot of free time; it doesn’t go hand and hand in some cases.”

Apparently, Jimmy John’s has quite the employee on its hands.

“Anything he doesn’t know how to do, he’s eager to learn, he jumps at every opportunity to better himself as an employee,” manager David Poe told the station.

Meanwhile, the latest unemployment rate was hovering just around six percent of the workforce in Waco

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:56 AM
Now there's a young man who is going to go places!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cuteoverload
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:13 AM

awesome

BL2010
by BL on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Good for him!

RubyQ
by Gold sister on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Refreshing article! Thanx for posting.clapping

Lovemyshadows
by Bronze sister on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting RubyQ:

Refreshing article! Thanx for posting.clapping

What a good example.

hau_siyoka
by Doll Baby on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:01 PM

woohooamerican football

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:09 PM

I heard this on the radio and applauded him to my sweetpea... he has a good work ethic.. hope it "sticks" with him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN