Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Anyone watching the new Dallas?

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:28 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 172 Total Views

I started to watch this to see how good it was or not and found myself liking it.  They have several of the original characters and the original person playing them along with their now grown children..

I am surprised how good it is..

Well next weeks is J.R.'s funeral, they filmed Larry Hagman up to the holidays last year and to a hiatus for Thanksgiving to Christmas and he passed away then.  The writers wanted to add his passing/funeral to give everyone closure and from the previews for next week they look like it was going to be a good show.  A lot of the past characters came back for it.

Do you watch it?

Pinned Image.

Southern girl

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:36 PM
I don't but I will watch next week. I was a huge Knotts Landing fan.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:12 AM

Yes, I am addicted to it. I for one though can't believe they would actually have JR shoot him self that is the Coward way out for JR to go. I was disappointed in that part. I don't care too much for his son in that one.

I can't wait to see some of the old cast come back next week though.

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:22 AM
I started to watch it but lost interest
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:26 AM

No I wasnt a fan and I did try to watch it once and thought it pick up where it left off years before except its the cousins fighting and Bobby dying.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Moms_Angels1960:

Yes, I am addicted to it. I for one though can't believe they would actually have JR shoot him self that is the Coward way out for JR to go. I was disappointed in that part. I don't care too much for his son in that one.

See that would be a turn off for me as well since JR was always a strong one even after he was shot. I think they should have had a health issue or even him falling in a oil well but not suicide. Now fans will not look at JR as they once did but like you said a coward.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:54 AM

"Gary" was on this week...he doesn't look good bless his heart..  And I loved that show too!

Quoting atlmom2:

I don't but I will watch next week. I was a huge Knotts Landing fan.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:55 AM

I don't think he shoots himself..there a quite a few that again are "out to get him" lol...but he is also suffering from depression so they could make that an issue again.. I hope

Quoting Moms_Angels1960:

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:55 AM

Quoting dana63:

Quoting Moms_Angels1960:

See that would be a turn off for me as well since JR was always a strong one even after he was shot. I think they should have had a health issue or even him falling in a oil well but not suicide. Now fans will not look at JR as they once did but like you said a coward.

I don't think the writers would go that way because of that...at least I hope not....

happygolucky106
by Wild Black Stallion on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I didnt watch it before and I dont watch it now, I guess it never really caught my attention much...

BL2010
by BL on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Nope. I never watched the original

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)