Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Who are you the juice police???

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:09 PM
  • 18 Replies
  • 282 Total Views

My son and his wife goes to the store every two weeks and they try to get enough to last those two weeks. They buy no soda and my 3 granddaughters dont get to drink it even as a treat. They buy 100% juice (as this is all my DIL was raised on) and bought their juice and water and as they were checking out my DIL said that the lady bagging their stuff said to her "this is too much juice and you should be ashame for buying this much!" my DIL was shocked because she said she could have bought 6 cases of soda but it was juice for crying out loud. She said she is still shocked because she thought she was doing right by the girls and even their own health and now see that maybe she isn't. I told her that this woman wasn't the juice police and she is doing right by their health and just let it go.

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Group Admin on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

your are right . Ignore ignore ignore people that have the nerve to say stuff that is none of their business.

looneymom424
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:00 PM

What did she expect them to buy Beer?   I swear if you try to be healthy people think your nuts.

debmom07
by Sister on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Idk what the big deal it is to the cashier. When she is doing her shopping should daughter in law wag.her finger at her. Ppl r so screwy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ALolies
Come party with us!
Yesterday at 1:26 PM
40ish and beyond... Group - CafeMom

A group for women beyond 40 who would like to share advice,ask questions,vent out and Have fun.

by Red Room Rebel on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Ask dil if cashier was overweight. My guess would be yes. And she probably thought it should have been soda. Dil is doing the right thing. The cashier needs to mind her own business and I would have told her so!

opinionatedmom
by Gold sister on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:14 PM

ok I personally wouldn't give my kid that much juice cause he has adverse reactions to it. but in all fairness it is her kids to raise as she pleases. but juice is almost as high in sugar as pop. but it is a natural sugar instead of manmade. My son gets very very little juice.

BL2010
by BL on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Sheesh, to many people are always trying to get in other peoples lives and tell them how to live. As long as it's a juice that is not loaded with sugar, what's the problem. She can give them anything she wants as she is the parent.

ALolies
Come party with us!
Yesterday at 1:26 PM
40ish and beyond... Group - CafeMom

A group for women beyond 40 who would like to share advice,ask questions,vent out and Have fun.

by Red Room Rebel on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:20 PM

As long as it is not fermented... Lol... It is good for them.... And water was mentioned... 

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:22 PM
In all my years as a cashier I never and I mean never said one peep about what people bought. Their lives their decision their way of life!
At least her children(your grandbabies) will have a caffeine free diet!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting opinionatedmom:

ok I personally wouldn't give my kid that much juice cause he has adverse reactions to it. but in all fairness it is her kids to raise as she pleases. but juice is almost as high in sugar as pop. but it is a natural sugar instead of manmade. My son gets very very little juice.

They drink water and milk they buy for two weeks and make sure they have enough for that time frame. There is 5 of them so the juice is for all of them.

NewMom11222011
by Bronze sister on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Totally random tangent here:  I was a cashier back in the 80's and we were to call a manager to the front if we had an unpriced item of a ~sensitive~ nature.  My BF at the time was ringing and I heard him on the PA, "Manager to register 2."  He repeated the page a couple of minutes later and then a couple of minutes after that.  Finally, in frustration, he paged, "I need a price check on Sheik.." and from the back a manager's voice, "No, no, no, no, no!"  I just about split a gut laughing and so did every other staff member in the place (not the managers, of course)!

rolling on floor

Mama2Spencerninja

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN