Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Debate question 3/8

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:58 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 131 Total Views

I have heard the last few days about these drone planes and most are being regulated by the Govt and some by the Military. I heard that we will be seeing them more and more and that some are collecting data for the surrounding areas. They use them overseas to watch the enemy. I just saw a report that the Military is using them to check out the surrounding so they can keep people safe.

So my question is: what do you think of these drone planes? Do you think its another way for Big Brother to keep tabs on everyone or do you think it is for protection and /or if there is an attack?

** Your opinion is valuable and we would love to hear it, please don't bash another sister for their opinion**

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:58 AM

Well to me if it wasn't one of those it would be a person occupied plane.  I am one that I am not sure about these things...I mean I know a person is controlling it but well to me a manned plane is better for decision making

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Quoting starlight1968:

Well to me if it wasn't one of those it would be a person occupied plane.  I am one that I am not sure about these things...I mean I know a person is controlling it but well to me a manned plane is better for decision making

I saw how they operated it yesterday and there is a camera and one person operates the camera while another watches the footage it shows. They "capture" what pictures they want to keep and keep going. They said the fuel level of these things last longer so they can be out longer.

NewMom11222011
by Bronze sister on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I think they're probably being used for both purposes.  In a large city there are already cameras pretty much everywhere tracking our movements either by design or default.

Mama2Spencerninja

Why123
by Nancy on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Here in Dayton the police want one to check on crime.  The college I work at has been granted permission to teach the technology.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)