Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Wedding ring/band

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:00 PM
  • 67 Replies
  • 665 Total Views

Do you wear yours every day?  

If not, why don't you?

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elm498
by Gold sister on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:03 PM
3 moms liked this

My husband and I haven't been on good terms for over a year, and I no longer wear my wedding ring.  I told him I don't feel like I am married, so I won't be wearing the ring.  Does he try to make things better?  NO!!!!!  I am extremely tired of always being the one to put forth an effort in the romance, sex . . . . . department.  It is time for him to show me that he cares, and he obviously doesn't.

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:05 PM

I wear Ray's band because my arthritis makes it impossible for me to wear on my left hand. Mine was stolen years ago...(Long story)

elm498
by Gold sister on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this

That's a great idea!!!  Sorry yours was stolen!

Quoting Mariagma3:

I wear Ray's band because my arthritis makes it impossible for me to wear on my left hand. Mine was stolen years ago...(Long story)

cuteoverload
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:08 PM

have none

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting elm498:

That's a great idea!!!  Sorry yours was stolen!

Quoting Mariagma3:

Thanks! There's a special place in hell for the bastard that stole it!!

BL2010
by BL on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Yes I do. The only time I take them off is when I go in the shower.

looneymom424
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:19 PM

I wear his because I had to cut mine off my hand when I gained weight one day we will get new ones.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:37 PM

I don't wear mine all the time as my hands swell and my set is three rings. I do however keep them with me at all times.

NewMom11222011
by Bronze sister on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Wear them all the time except when my hands get really swollen and then I take them off for a few minutes to ice my hands.

Mama2Spencerninja

Shari55
by Nanny on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Now that my hands don't swell as much, I wear mine all the time...when I couldn't wear mine, I had a sterling silver band that has 1 Corinthins 13:4 enscribed on it. My husband got me this ring in 2009 after his heart attack, so that I would remember to be patient. 

Shari, wife to John since April 1988, Mom to Heather (Jan. 1977) she is mom to five(3boys, 2 girls), Nyssa(April 1989) Michaela(August 1994) and four cats

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)