• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm boycotting WALMART..!!

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:47 AM
  • 18 Replies
  • 528 Total Views

I haven't liked shopping there, of course it's convenient.

I bought a crock pot, after about 6 months, the ceramic part of it cracked, right in half.(I've been using slow cookers/crock pots for over 20 plus yrs, I know how to use them) LOL So, I took it back, & exchanged it for another one.  We held onto the box & receipt for about 6 months, this one seemed ok. (lost the receipt, can't find the box).. 2 days ago, this one does the exact same thing!  NOW- I looked online, and Walmart still sells this exact same crock pot design and all online.

I went into the store to get my money back. I had to go to the housewares dept to get another one for the UPC code, well they had almost NO crock pots at all on the shelves. So I go back and tell the service desk person this. She calls the dept head for the housewares, and the dept. head told service desk yes they used to sell that "style" but not any longer. She will just get it's replacement for the UPC so I can get my $ back. 

OHH noo that wasn't good enough, Service desk had to get the service desk mgr. So service desk mgr. REFUSES to allow the housewares dept.head use the replaced items UPC for my refund, I said to the service desk mgr, you still sell them online, (so she thought I got it online and picked it up at the store, ) I told her no, I bought it here. Service desk mgr said she would exchange it, I told her I didn't want another one, because this makes 2 of the exact same kind where the ceramic part has actually broken in half. The service desk mgr, said, "oh well' and walked away!

I took my broken crock pot, with a line of ppl saying this is BULL SHIT, you still sell this online!

I came home, & called the 800 # to the company from the crock pots booklet. They are sending me another one free of charge, even tho, I don't want another one! LOL... He explained that there was a recall on the particular model # (and there was a # on the prong of the plug) due to a problem with the ceramic inserts, and apparently either Walmart didn't take them off the shelves. (because this happened with in about an 11 month time frame)

So my new crock pot should be here with in 6-10 days.  LOL

But this really is just the straw that broke the camels back.

planning a wedding

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:56 AM
3 moms liked this

If it was under recall I thought they had to give you back your money?

I would be calling the main office for that store and let them know it was under recall and how they treated you.

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Call the main office in Arkansas! Complain and let them know how unhappy you are!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Shari55
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I haven't shopped at Walmart in years, because of the people that my local one hires, they are rude and don't know their jobs. I also agree with Danna, call the main office and complain, cause there is no excuse  for the way they treated you.

Shari, wife to John since April 1988, Mom to Heather (Jan. 1977) she is mom to five(3boys, 2 girls), Nyssa(April 1989) Michaela(August 1994) and four cats

gr8d8n3mom
by Bronze sister on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I have tried to call the main office of that store & send emails to the head office about that store, it does no  good. (one time was about no shopping carts and it was pouring rain, I went to the mgr & he said he would get one right away, my dd and I waited 15 mins and he still never got us one, I have R.A. and use a cane- another time was the huge lines and waiting to get checked out, ALWAYS an issue there)  

Yes, I too thought if it was under recall they would have to give me my money back & see the UPC code on the one online! (rocket science?)  The employees are always rude, even the Mgrs. It's a hassle to just be in the store and I feel myself get all nasty and tense, and I start saying bad things when I go there,(like  in the meat section, I say ah there's the HORSE MEAT)  

I'm just done, It's just easier to shop for groceries at Winn-Dixie or Publix & go to a Butcher shop for any meats. Shop at Target. All those places may be a little more expensive, but I don't waste as much of my time.

Quoting dana63:

I would be calling the main office for that store and let them know it was under recall and how they treated you.

crazynut
by Bronze sister on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

and this is just another reason why I do not support walmarts... I ethical can not do it.... they have bad business practices, and treat there employees like dog poo, hence ther reason why no one at walmart does there job... or knows how too!!

my2sweetjoys
by Kay on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Well I hope this crockpot does better than the last 2! Sorry you got the run around at walmart.There are a couple of stores around here that have rude employees but usually I do not have much of a problem with returns.Most of the time, they give me static about cash back and say it has to be on a wlamart gift card which is the same thing as giving me the money since I will spend it there anyways

I cant live without my crockpotwinkthinking of buying another one for other foods to cook at he same time, just dont have room in kitchen cabinets but might just make the room for it

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:31 PM

hugs and sorry you have had such a bad experience.. I actually love the one around the corner from me...nice people and never have had a problem.

tuscani
by New sister on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I agree. When people but an item from The Great Wal-Mart of China they're not realizing that most of the time it's a cheaper made version from the brand that sells it so they can keep up with Wm's insane pricing policies. You are not getting the same quality or even the same product even though it is the same brand. That's why they can sell it so cheaply. It's Crap!

The last item we bought there was a Spot Bot Carpet Cleaner. Well, I decided it was not what I wanted and the very next day my husband returned it, we had never even opened the box, and when he brought it to Retrns and they opened the box it was filled with nast stuff from whomever last bought it! It was so gross!!! They tried passing it off as brand new. I'm glad I changed my mind and we never opened the box lest they accuse us of using it. Wal-Mart is just Bad on so many levels.

wishbearmom
by Sue on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:26 PM
You definitely should get your money back since there is a known defect!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:07 PM

That was my first thought too.  Take the information about the recall to Walmart and ask for the GM.  Make them give you your money back - that way you'll have your cash and be getting a new one in the mail.

Quoting dana63:

Goddess Johnnie 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)