Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New/New

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:44 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 322 Total Views

New to CafeMom and new to the group!  Three kiddos (27, 21, & 17), two grandcuties (5 & 2), and three furbabies (2 canine, 1 feline).  Bible-thumpin', people-lovin' Jesus freak (but you don't have to believe like I do to be my friend).

I have a disabling pain/fatigue syndrome that we are still trying to get diagnosed.  I spend my time doing Bible study, crocheting, surfing the Internet, and reading.  I'm happiest when spending time with my immediate and extended familly and our pets.

In my 27 1/2 years as a parent, I've experienced single parenting, married parenting, being the non-custodial parent, being the custodial parent, working outside the home, being a SAHM, having children in public school, in private school, and homeschooled.  My two boys were diagnosed with ADHD.  I've dealt with being the parent of a child who was bullied, and a child who was the bully.  

My oldest child was in the Army National Guard and served a tour in Iraq.  He's married and has given me two precious grandchildren.  My middle child is moving into management at our local Subway restaurant and is a heavy-duty online and PC gamer.  My youngest graduated from homeschool  1 1/2 years earlier than she would have graduated from public school and started Basic Cosmetology at a college where she can earn an associate's degree in applied arts.

I live an hour from my mother, but being an only child, I provide respite care when she needs to take a break from caring for her own mother (who lives with her now).

I look forward to getting to know YOU!

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I'm Angela... Nice to meet you...

hugs

crazynut
by Bronze sister on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:11 PM

nice to meet... and welcome!!

My family!!

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Welcome and looking forward to getting to know you!! :)

Shari55
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Hi, nice to meet you!

Shari, wife to John since April 1988, Mom to Heather (Jan. 1977) she is mom to five(3boys, 2 girls), Nyssa(April 1989) Michaela(August 1994) and four cats

kimbee5
by Sister on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:42 PM

hello......i am kind of new to thegroup...joined only a few days ago....i am enjoying reading peoples post and look forward to getting to know them and you!!

looneymom424
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Welcome to the group I amRegina

Mariagma3
by Maria - Midwest Lady on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Hello, and welcome!

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Hi and welcome to the group!!

sunflower37
by Lee Lee on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Welcome to the group...welcome

FaithRestMom
by New sister on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Thank you for your "Welcomes!"  shake hand

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)