Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Know all the warning signs...... A must read for woman...

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 8:30 AM
  • 33 Replies
  • 456 Total Views
1 mom liked this

A year ago I was in the hospital not sure what was wrong with me.. I knew I had been under stress after all my BFF was murdered, we lost our beloved BJ and I moved back to my hometown, life was stressful. What I didn't expect was the doctors telling me that I had a slight heart attack. I am a bit overweight but I eat healthy and try to watch what I do because heart disease runs (I should say runs fast) in my family and among the woman. I was in ICU for a day and a half with test and doctors and nurses watching my every move and machines that would go off if I breathed wrong. I know you all are wondering what landed me in ICU. Well I didn't know all the warning signs (well I did but when it came to me I just didn't think it could happen to me!!) My blood pressure was sky high and they couldn't get it to come down, I felt like a elephant was sitting on my chest and the tightness just wouldn't go away. Now mind you sisters I have asthma and thought it was that so on my behalf I should be excused from my absent mindedness for that moment of not seeing the warning signs.. My neck was hurting and my back and my armfelt weak. But the main symptom was I couldn't walk two steps without losing breath and even the nurse said that was a big concern.

Ladies, know your body and know if you feel bad and your chest feels heavy and that elephant wont jump off it (better yet it is jumping up and down on your chest) and sweating and yes weakness that it is possible that you could be having a heart attack.

REMEBER THIS: A woman symptom is so different than that of a man..

If any of our sister has had a heart attack please share your story and if you havent PLEASE know the warning signs and PLEASE have your heart checked yearly...

by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BL2010
by BL on Mar. 13, 2013 at 8:35 AM

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} Thanks for the reminder.

SERENITY810
by Bronze sister on Mar. 13, 2013 at 8:56 AM
That's very enlighting your story , who would have thought !!!! Thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Thanks for the personal story to remind us to pay attention to our bodies.  I think women often poo-poo when they aren't feeling well, feeling like we need to be Wonderwoman or something.  But nothing is as important as our personal health - if we aren't good to ourselves, we can't be of any good to anyone else!

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Mar. 13, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Thank you all! :)

CharlotteRose
by Bronze sister on Mar. 13, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Thanks for sharing, had no idea!!!  Im glad youre OK don't know what we would do w/out our momma!!!

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Mar. 13, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Quoting CharlotteRose:

Thanks for sharing, had no idea!!!  Im glad youre OK don't know what we would do w/out our momma!!!

Thank You!!! I really didnt tell too many people.. Hugs

CharlotteRose
by Bronze sister on Mar. 13, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Hugs back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoting dana63:

Quoting CharlotteRose:

Thank You!!! I really didnt tell too many people.. Hugs

Connie04
by Sister on Mar. 13, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Thank you so much for posting this!!  I am so glad you are recovering and are aware of this problem.  I hope lots of women read this.

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Mar. 13, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Thanks. It is always helpful to be reminded... Glad you are ok...

SeanandNoahsmom
by Manning Fan on Mar. 13, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Thanks for posting this and sharing your story; heart disease is the number 1 cause of death for women in the US. I am glad you are okay now, ((hugs))

Dawn
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN