Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

What Were Some Of Your Favorite

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:55 AM
  • 12 Replies
  • 161 Total Views

games/activities when you were a kid? I loved playing tetherball, jumping rope to rhymes, and playing hand slap games.

by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
OMG!!! Jax is gonna go off the deep end!! Even deeper! lol
Today at 11:47 AM
by Sister on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Hide&go seek, freeze tag or tv tag! So much fun! Barbies with my bestie!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:09 AM

I loved my Barbies. I also adored the Little Kiddle playhouse my older sister bought me! I still have it somewhere.

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Hide&go seek, freeze tag or tv tag! So much fun! Barbies with my bestie!

leighp1
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Something I still remember to this day is building a snow fort and having a snowball fight.  Of course I HAD to build the fort to protect my brother since he had stitches in his head due to me.  (I wasn't a nice sister, but he provoked me).  I also loved playing LIFE with my family.  I hated RISK because my mom ALWAYS won.  Aw the memories.  I hope that one day my kids will remember all the things we did together.  We do more outside hiking and museums than games, but we still do play inside too.

PinkDragonFly
by Shazzy on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

barbies and matchboxs I couldn't do a lot of physical things because of my back ( scoliosis)

Hottmomma607
OMG!!! Jax is gonna go off the deep end!! Even deeper! lol
Today at 11:47 AM
by Sister on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this
LOL
we had a water balloon fight in my neighborhood!

Quoting leighp1:

Something I still remember to this day is building a snow fort and having a snowball fight.  Of course I HAD to build the fort to protect my brother since he had stitches in his head due to me.  (I wasn't a nice sister, but he provoked me).  I also loved playing LIFE with my family.  I hated RISK because my mom ALWAYS won.  Aw the memories.  I hope that one day my kids will remember all the things we did together.  We do more outside hiking and museums than games, but we still do play inside too.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
michellejenner
by Bronze sister on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Hopscotch,  riding bikes, freeze tag, hanging out in the street with the kids on my block. We had a lot and we were pretty much all very close in age. You could always find someone to play with either outside or just ringing a doorbell.

Michelle Jenner
Independent Avon Representative
www.youravon.com/michellejenner
Use code FIRSTREP10 for free shipping when you use the direct delivery option 

Start your own AVON business for $10

www.start.avon.com

Reference code michellejenner

mrgetinold
by Gold sister on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Jump rope ( we only had two ppl so we tied the end of the rope through the garage door handle) an singing the songs as ya jumped, liked slap jack, rummy and crazy 8, checkers,sledding,lived out in the boonies so we played on a tractor out in the field that didnt run ( its still out there ) and my dad took a wood spindle (like they roll wire on) and made us a teeter totter) and made up a game if we could pick a basket of weeds he d drive us into town to use the pool!
Omg my kids would be so bored to do that stuff! Lol
wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:29 AM

No kidding! Kids are too reliant on electronics now. My dad built me a sandbox next to his tool shed. I'd play in it for hours.

Quoting mrgetinold:

Jump rope ( we only had two ppl so we tied the end of the rope through the garage door handle) an singing the songs as ya jumped, liked slap jack, rummy and crazy 8, checkers,sledding,lived out in the boonies so we played on a tractor out in the field that didnt run ( its still out there ) and my dad took a wood spindle (like they roll wire on) and made us a teeter totter) and made up a game if we could pick a basket of weeds he d drive us into town to use the pool!
Omg my kids would be so bored to do that stuff! Lol

michellejenner
by Bronze sister on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:31 AM

And the coolest thing is that I've reconnected with just about everyone that grew up on our block on Facebook! My brother, sister and I were on a mission to find everyone! We're missing a few, but you never know

Quoting michellejenner:

Hopscotch,  riding bikes, freeze tag, hanging out in the street with the kids on my block. We had a lot and we were pretty much all very close in age. You could always find someone to play with either outside or just ringing a doorbell.

Michelle Jenner
Independent Avon Representative
www.youravon.com/michellejenner
Use code FIRSTREP10 for free shipping when you use the direct delivery option 

Start your own AVON business for $10

www.start.avon.com

Reference code michellejenner

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:34 AM

That IS cool! I went to an all 70s decade high school reunion this past fall and met neighbor kids I hadn't seen since we graduated. That was really neat.

Quoting michellejenner:

And the coolest thing is that I've reconnected with just about everyone that grew up on our block on Facebook! My brother, sister and I were on a mission to find everyone! We're missing a few, but you never know

Quoting michellejenner:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)