Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

I had to throw my baby in the car

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:56 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 326 Total Views

I don't remember if any of you remember my dog problem.  Well my husband talked to the family and the HOA sent out a leash law letter.  Well they were perfect for about a month to a month and a half.  Well Wednesday I had pulled in my drive and since I was going back out I didn't pull in the garage.  I went to get K out of the car and set him on the ground.  Well I heard growling and barking, without a thought I picked up K and hurried and put him in his carseat w/o buckling it.  I still had my front door open and I jumped in the car.  The dog was biting at the tires and he stood on his hind legs and had his paws on the front hood.  I blew my  horn and everything.  Well I called animal control AGAIN and they came out.  Guess what?  They were home the ENTIRE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to include a pic of the dog so you guys can see I am not over reacting like they claim.  

I took this pic last month from my window.  The golden dog isnt as aggressive as the other dog ( I dont know breeds).  The golden dog feeds off of the other dog's aggression if that makes sense.  I tried to reason with them and not call animal control but it has gotten out of hand.

by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:03 PM

I know this is an off the wall question but when the dogs were biting at your tires could you use a video camera and take a video of this action so you have solid proof of this aggression?

KW1280
by Silver sister on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:06 PM

That would entail me rolling down the window. I am short and that was not going to happen.

Quoting dana63:

I know this is an off the wall question but when the dogs were biting at your tires could you use a video camera and take a video of this action so you have solid proof of this aggression?

michellejenner
by Bronze sister on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Wow, keep calling animal control and the police too. They are irresponsible owners for letting the dogs roam like that. Good luck.

Michelle Jenner
Independent Avon Representative
www.youravon.com/michellejenner
Use code FIRSTREP10 for free shipping when you use the direct delivery option 

Start your own AVON business for $10

www.start.avon.com

Reference code michellejenner

terpmama
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:24 PM

So what did animal control do/say to the owners?

KW1280
by Silver sister on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:32 PM
NOTHING!!! The owners always have the dogs secure. Well they gave them a warning and the police said the dogs have to bite someone

Quoting terpmama:

So what did animal control do/say to the owners?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KW1280
by Silver sister on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:34 PM
I am

Quoting michellejenner:

Wow, keep calling animal control and the police too. They are irresponsible owners for letting the dogs roam like that. Good luck.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:16 AM

I'd keep taking pics of them loose and calling the animal control.

cuteoverload
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:22 AM

WOW sorry

RubyQ
by Gold sister on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this

can you put up an inexpensive video system to tape what goes on in your front yard/drive? That would be a good next step. Also are there any bite marks in your tires? Check your tires to make the treads are safe. Plus, that can proof of their aggression, if needed.

I feel for you! I had a great walking program going about twelve years ago in my neighborhood. After about a year, it seemed there were just too many dogs moving into the neighborhood whose owners let them loose constantly. And they were not nice dogs. They would charge you menacingly, and there were so many loose, they started running in little packs. They trapped me in my own home a couple times! Pissed me off, I couldn't even walk in my own neighborhood without worry. Plus, I had my daughters with me, and there was no way I could protect all of us if we got charged by even ONE dog. 

Keep calling animal control. Document every incident in a diary-- and video if possible. If anything happens, it can affect their homeowner's insurance in cost and/or ability to get homeowner's insurance. maybe that will spur them to take care of the problem. 

SoKamele
by Sister on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:16 AM

You can also call a lawyer for a consult...perhaps have a letter sent.

If you are paying HOA fees.....I would be ticked that they are not taking care of this...and I would make sure that they (HOA) and irresponsible pet owners got one too. I'm not saying you have to follow thru...but they need to know that you mean business.

That just sucks!!!!!!! That's why I don't live in neighborhoods.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN