Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Is fame to much for some of these teenagers?

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:41 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 186 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Each day you read something else about a teen celebrityand most of the news isn't good. We had Lindsey Lohan that has been reported out of control with drinking and going wild. Miley Cyrus who was Disney's sweetheart and she turned wild child. And now the reports on Justin Bieber who claim he would always be the humble boy who his mother raised to be a good boy and yet he is all over the news with reports of being out of control.

Is fame and fortune too much for these young stars to handle?

by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SoKamele
by Sister on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:24 AM

I would say yes.

Even Billy Ray Cyrus admitted that it messed up his daughter.

gonecrazi
by Lucky :) on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Yes, It can't be easy when you put a child in a grown up world.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I just wish some of these parents would stop looking at dollar signs and start realy looking at their child.

cherylam
by Bronze sister on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:09 AM

yes, because no one has ever told these kids 'NO'.  With money comes power, and these kids think they can control and ruin people (which by some reports they have) and never think of the consequences of their actions.  Even their parents become afraid of them, and that's REALLY not good.

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, it is way more than they can handle. Look at all the stars that came from Brady bunch, Michael Jackson, alot of those people admit that having  acting career at a much younger age helped as well as hurt. IE: Danny Bonaduce, MJ, Maureeen McCormack, Eve Plumb, to name a few.

But, I think the day of the internet hurts them, as well as helping. People in our day could kind of suffer in silence, while today's young kids see themselves plastered everywhere.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:41 PM

I know Disney used to "keep a reign" on the kids they had under contract and once they were done with those kids it seems they went crazy like Miley... sad, I wish parents would watch the kids a little better or something so they'd be more even keel....

puritydoll
by Bronze sister on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I think it's more that they don't get the opportunity to be a teenager in private...and they have a lot more money than the average teen which enables them to get into a proportionally larger amount of trouble.

Quite often though, I do wonder what their parents were thinking.

be generous in happiness, and patient in affliction. 

rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:28 PM

The sad truth is that even the adults in the industry seem to lose control and spiral in a downhill freefall to destruction....extreme wealth and fame can be as toxic as it can be a way to not have to struggle to make ends meet. Thre must be a way to find balance...some seem to do ok but others get on the fast track to addiction and out of control behavior.

Roo1234
by Sister on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:50 PM
unfortunately or culture celebrates youth and too many celebrities aren't ready for what being a celebrity entails. I know I wouldn't want to be famous the way so many of these people are famous. Some have talent, but the pressures on them are enormous. That coupled with the number of people who want nothing more than to hang in to someone's coattails, the pursuit of the paparazzi and these kids own ( normal) lack of judgement means implosions are going to happen more often than not.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)