Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

TRYING TO QUIT SMOKING..................

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:02 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 215 Total Views

I ran out of cash, then my debit card was denied at the store two days ago. So, I'm working on not smoking. Never realized just how addicted I truly am to those little butts ! I've refused to beg or mooch a smoke from my neighbors, won't beg  to borrow money to buy a pack.  I can do this......... it's just driving me a bit nuts[ no cash, no cigarettes to smoke!]

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GOBryan
by Bronze sister on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:18 PM

It's a disgusting, unhealthy and expensive habit so I hope you can find a way to quit. Besides, I'm sure you wouldn't want your kids to smoke when they are older so lead by example and GOOD LUCK!! Beat the habit. 

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:28 PM

You can do it! I'm proud of you!

doodlepuss
by Platinum sister on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Be strong! I know that you can do it!
wenuck
by Moonshine on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh hun I know how hard it is. I've smoked for 23 yrs and quit 3 years ago! I am a vapor now with electronic cigarette. Good Luck and try to stay sane! ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovegrandbaby
by Bronze sister on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:27 PM

I quit cold turkey 7 years ago.  you can do it.  just have to make your mind up to do it for yourself and no one else.  I still get  cravings but you will definitely feel better.

SeanandNoahsmom
by Manning Fan on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:30 PM

That is wonderful, you can do it!  I know how hard it is; but you'll eventually be amazed at how much healthier you will feel. And you will be cutting your risk of contracting respiratory diseases. Lung cancer kills more people every year than breast, skin, and colon combined. Sending positive energy your way!

Dawn
starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:11 PM

that is a good way to stop lol...good luck

MNmomto2
by Gold sister on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:34 AM

I wish you luck. I know it's not easy. I quit smoking 10 years ago. At the age of 50 my SIL has stage 4 small cell lung cancer. Terminal. She is going through chemo to prolong her life as long as possible, but the side effects from the chemo are horrible. I'm so glad I quit, you will be to. big smile mini

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:36 AM
You got this and us for the support!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tiaconnie
by Bronze sister on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Good Luck!!!

You can accomplish whatever you want. Although being a previous smoker myself I know this isn't an easy habit to quit; but it can be done.

I'm not going to sit here and preach to you because I didn't like people telling me "How bad cigarettes," were for me. I already knew that. Or just give me negative remarks. So I WISH you the BEST and I KNOW you can get past the smoking especially since you have the will to try!

Good LUCK sister :))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)