Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bumps and ideas needed

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:22 PM
  • 15 Replies
  • 319 Total Views
Ok today is my last day before i temporarly go insane ( yes i see you shaking your head no to this or lol at this ) today at 3 starts my kids spring break! then finished off by easter dinner with my inlaws ( i hope i dont go off on anyone ) its supposed to be cold most the week here! So i need ideas to get me through this week? And my inlaws told me i can bring something to the dinner ( a rarity as normally i get shut out on the planning, like we dont need anything) i feel like if your family everyone contributes, but i and then have no clue what they are making ( who does that?) So can anyone help me deal with a bump, a idea for a sane spring break or a god knows what their having easter dinner idea i know you cm mommas canhelp me deal! Hugs and thanks!
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cuteoverload
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Make casseroles

Flowers

Mariagma3
by Maria - Midwest Lady on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:39 PM

LMAO, sorry! What are their ages first of all? confused

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Sister -lp on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Take something to eat that you want to eat.

As for spring break enjoy your kids being home. Play some board games. Have breakfast for dinner. Just enjoy!

SeanandNoahsmom
by Manning Fan on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I live in your area, looks like we have a couple good snow storms coming...we will be sledding, and other outside activities while we still can. Are your children young?

Dawn
maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:17 PM

take a sweet and make deviled eggs...that should do it

kim8934
by Sister on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:20 PM

exactly what I thought.  cupcakes or brownies always work well.

Quoting maryg38:

take a sweet and make deviled eggs...that should do it

GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Yup, I'd say take a dessert - something like cupcakes or brownies that are easy to serve.

Here's some ideas for you and the kids - - 

Take them to a crafts store like Michael's and have them pick out 2 or three inexpensive activites each.  The poster you color with markers are cool.  So are the paint or color by numbers.  You can get some lanyard supplies and have them make a bunch for friends and family.  Or get a big pack of multicolored pipe cleaners and encourage them to make whatever pops into their heads - pipe cleaner animals, bracelets, pretend glasses, etc.

Get some paint markers or permanent markers and cheap canvas bags to decorate.  The next day, take them to the public library with their new personalized book bags!  Or get those art supplies and kid sized aprons.  Let them decorate their aprons and the next day, wear them to bake something with you!

Here's a fun activity - get some shoe boxes or other medium sized boxes and have them build diaramas!  Have them use construction paper, egg cartons, foil, markers, or whatever else you have around the house and let them use their imagination.

Have them build furniture and blanket forts and 'camp' inside with flashlights and an indoor picnic.  

Take them to a fastfood place with an indoor play area.  Keep it cheap -feed them at home and just get them a treat there.

mrgetinold
by Nana on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Quoting SeanandNoahsmom:

I live in your area, looks like we have a couple good snow storms coming...we will be sledding, and other outside activities while we still can. Are your children young?

how are you doing in the blizzard hon! We already have the 6 inches they told us of and the wind is awful! As for my "kids" i in a few weeks will have a 18 yr old and 12 yr old so the fun sledding years are i thing of the past i think but thank you! Warm hugs and coa coa!
sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:33 PM

18 - I would think that child would be all about having friends over.  Girl or boy?

12 - Girl or boy?

mrgetinold
by Nana on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Quoting sahlady:

18 - I would think that child would be all about having friends over.  Girl or boy?

12 - Girl or boy?

so glad to see you back Jen! Was getting kinda worried about you!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)