Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Catholic church

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:20 PM
  • 21 Replies
  • 290 Total Views

I have a question,  I heard that you only have to not eat meat on ash wednesday and good friday during lent.  I also heard that you can eat meat on all the other fridays in lent.  Is that right?

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lynette
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:24 PM
During lent they don't eat meat on Fridays. Well technically that's not true because they can eat fish those days.

I grew up Catholic but I am not anymore.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dancer
by Sister -lp on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:26 PM

no,I mean I heard that the only fridays you can't eat meat on is Ash wedensday and good friday.,

Quoting Lynette:

During lent they don't eat meat on Fridays. Well technically that's not true because they can eat fish those days.

TableforSeven
by Bronze sister on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Most Catholics don't eat meat on any Friday during lent....as well as Ash Wednesday.

Traditionally....meat was never eaten on Fridays -- though that has changed to only Fridays during lent over the years.

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this
This is correct, I was born and raised catholic.

Quoting TableforSeven:

Most Catholics don't eat meat on any Friday during lent....as well as Ash Wednesday.

Traditionally....meat was never eaten on Fridays -- though that has changed to only Fridays during lent over the years.

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:35 PM

this is my understanding.

Quoting TableforSeven:

dancer
by Sister -lp on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I heard the church relaxed the rules about the fish to only must not eat meat on ash wednesday and good friday.

Quoting TableforSeven:

Lynette
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:35 PM
U heard wrong. Ash Wed, Good Fri, and all the other Fridays furring lent are no meat except fish.

Quoting dancer:

no,I mean I heard that the only fridays you can't eat meat on is Ash wedensday and good friday.,

Quoting Lynette:

TableforSeven
by Bronze sister on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Not the churches my brother, father, aunts/uncles/cousins, attend because they are all very strict, practicing Catholics and they all continue to not eat meat on ALL Fridays during lent.

Quoting dancer:

I heard the church relaxed the rules about the fish to only must not eat meat on ash wednesday and good friday.

Quoting TableforSeven:

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:43 PM

I grew up Catholic until I was 12, so I cannot remember. But, we always had fish or fish sticks on Fridays.

hau_siyoka
by Doll Baby on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Born into a Catholic home and Ash Wendseday thru Good Friday and all Fridays during lent....We ate fish to symbolize the fish Jesus fed the crowds...

The elderly and young are expempt if they have a special dietary reason...

The new Catholic Church rules I do not follow, I do as I was taught back in the day...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)