Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Debate question 3/26

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:31 AM
  • 15 Replies
  • 237 Total Views

I know we talked about this before but since it is  becoming a news topic again.

Should the Gov't regulate the consumption of a person soda intake?  If they are that concern then why not take soda off the shelf and stop allowing it in stores and restaurants?

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BL2010
by BL on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:57 AM

No they shouldn't. I would think there are more important things for them to be worrying about. People will always find a way around these stupid laws.

jmlmomma
by Momma's new BFF on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:58 AM
2 moms liked this

NO...(and I don't drink sodas) I feel it's none of their business! Also WHY are they so concerned with my health? They can't afford for me to live longer!! (Grin)

RubyQ
by Gold sister on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:00 AM

It was my understanding that they are NOT regulating the INTAKE--they are regulating the SIZE it can be sold in. That is vastly different. before the issue can be discussed in proper context, that fact has to be understood: otherwise the conversation devolves into something wildly off track.

Just as the government regulates alcohol and tobacco sales, how they advertise and how they can sell them, they can regulate how they can sell pop. You can buy as many of the sizes as you want, and DRINK (intake) as much as you want.

atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:04 AM
No. Sick of them trying to run our lives. Butt out. Someone can get a refil or buy 2 sodas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsMimna
by Sister on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

No....how much more are we going to give up?? Why are we giving up our rights to live freely? This is getting out of hand...I don't want anyone telling me what I can and cannot do with my own body....Period!!!!!

rmebrat1020
by rmebrat on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:54 AM
No they shouldn't. I'm with Dana63 why not take it off the shelves then for that matter why not take cigarettes off the shelf along with alcohol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't drink soda so personally it don't have anything to do with me. But regardless if its size, intake or how much a person buys in a days time the Govt don't have the right to tell a person what they can and cant buy if they allow it to be sold and advertised.

CJsMommy92
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I agree

Quoting BL2010:

No they shouldn't. I would think there are more important things for them to be worrying about. People will always find a way around these stupid laws.

wedding tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

cuteoverload
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:36 AM

NO

GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:15 PM

No, and I think this whole soda thing is just SO silly.  Really?  Soda?    

Let's limit how many beers or cocktails a person can be sold in a bar because that's pretty dangerous when a person drinks and drives.  But I can't remember the last time someone had a Big Gulp soda, got behind the wheel and killed someone.  (But of course, that legislation would never pass either)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN