Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

This makes NO sense to me

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:19 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 97 Total Views

We have a patient here at work who is fairly new.  She came in for a colonoscopy.  She told us in her history that she is a breast cancer survivor and had a mastectomy.  Her young daughter has an appointment today and she called me to make sure the doctor doesn't say anything to her daughter about the breast cancer.  Said her daughter doesnt' know.  

My spidey senses are tingling.  Did she really have breast cancer?  And if so, why wouldn't she want her daughter to know, its hereditary and knowing that information is critical.  And how is it her daughter is 19, lives at home and doesn't know her mother had breast cancer?!

Things that make you go hmmmm

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
BL2010
by BL on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Hmmm, interesting...  Did she say how long ago she had the surgery?

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:00 AM

That is intersting..

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Yeah... I would question that as well. You would think she would want her daughter to know so she can take care of herself better in the future. Hmmmm

catchup29
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Quoting BL2010:

Hmmm, interesting...  Did she say how long ago she had the surgery?

She said it was 3 years ago, so the daughter would have been old enough to notice her mother going through medical issues.

GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Ok, that just doesn't add up.  How could you go through cancer treatment and a mastectomy and never have your kid know or figure it out??  Strange....

CJsMommy92
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:57 AM

You never know how close her and her daughter have always been. My mom & I are so tight now you'd never know she hated me until I was 17. Some sick parents don't say anything because they don't want their child to worry as well. She may have been saying "I'm going to the spa" "I'm going shopping" when she had to go in for treatments.

My grandmother was actualy in a car accident once and didn't bother to tell anybody. Nobody knew until my mom went to visit her and noticed she had a new car. She only said what happened when my mom asked about the car and 2 months had passed since her accident that she had to be in the hospital for.

wedding tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN