Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

OMG. Brooklyn Bagels

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:32 AM
  • 14 Replies
  • 191 Total Views
3 moms liked this

A bag of  bagels fresh from Brooklyn got off a plane on Wed. and drove themselves to my house. They must be on spring break!

So I went off my gluten-free diet to eat one and Lord, it was amazing. Bagels, I might add, have no conscience whatsoever about seducing those of us on gluten-free diets.

by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TableforSeven
by Bronze sister on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:43 AM

We haven't had ANY bagels in 6.5 months! They don't sell them here.  We are all looking forward to visiting the states in May....the kids want to live on bagels during our trip - I agree with them!

michellejenner
by Bronze sister on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:04 AM

I grew up in Brooklyn so I know. Actually we get good bagels here in NJ so it's good. Don't eat them often but every once in a while.

Michelle Jenner
Independent Avon Representative
www.youravon.com/michellejenner
Use code FIRSTREP10 for free shipping when you use the direct delivery option 

Start your own AVON business for $10

www.start.avon.com

Reference code michellejenner

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:39 AM
2 moms liked this
Those bad, bad bagels!! How dare they go to your house and force themselves into your mouth...the nerve!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BL2010
by BL on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:03 AM

YUMMY

partygal19dani
by Dani <3 on Mar. 29, 2013 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Mmmm, YUM!!!!  I'll take a garlic and onion one or everything on it please!!  lol

MentorMom1
by Gold sister on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:33 AM
2 moms liked this

Today DD took one of the remaining bagels out of the freezer, sliced it into bagel chips, coated them with olive oil and garlic, and baked them in the oven. Really good.

z00t1
by Sister on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:19 AM
I love bagels! Sadly I haven't had one in years. They aren't good for me.
wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:11 AM
I could never just plow into a whole bagel. I love the taste but they're much too heavy. But I do love bagel chips.

Quoting MentorMom1:

Today DD took one of the remaining bagels out of the freezer, sliced it into bagel chips, coated them with olive oil and garlic, and baked them in the oven. Really good.

MentorMom1
by Gold sister on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh my goodness, yes. They are heavy. Especially for us gluten-free mamas. But the first bite is delicious!

Quoting wishbearmom:

I could never just plow into a whole bagel. I love the taste but they're much too heavy. But I do love bagel chips.

Quoting MentorMom1:

KymberleeAnn
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:27 AM

New York has the best bagels in the world. I love bagels from Brooklyn, yummy!!!!!!!! ^_^

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)