Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

let me run this by you

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:05 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 220 Total Views
Ok i am a sahm my ds school is across town and we have no bus so i am the bus, we have a few kids who go to the same school ( none of us car pool, personally the other parents driving scares me, the are on their phones while driving, pull out in front of ppl stuff like that) well one mom works 3 days a week and needs her kid picked up after school, this kid dont want to do after school care next yr he will be middle school. I am shy and i feel like everytime this mom wants something i walk away feeling like i ve been run over by a bus ( she is aggressive and in sales at her) she offered to pay me ( but been there done that and i dont want to depend on that or have had to ask for it when she forgets, i am not going by out of my way i drive by their house to get to mine) so whats the problem you ask, its the kid they have all new cars, this lid gets in my 19 yr old car ( i clean it when i have to drive someone) he gets in tells me it smells like cheese and has that crappy look on his face) i just want to tell him to then walk! But i wouldnt, his dad is supposed to be home two of the days after a half a hour ( the kid cant come here as he is allergic to my cat) but on our early release day dad wont be home for 3-4 hours! I told her i d call her today ( yesterday at drop off when she cornered me and had to know then and there) so today at drop off she sends her ds over to ask, which kinda upset me kinda! I d like to help her just the two days when he wont be alone along time ( i d feel responsible for him until his dad got home) wont take money for this as i tried to explain above) she has to know today as she needs to sign him up for aftr school care for next yr! I just feel run over by this mom ( this has happened more then once and its not like i am looking for a favor back, her dh has had many dui s and has a breath test tube to do before starting his car) does the two days sound ok i feel bad about not doing all three days! Hugs yes i am overthinking this but i geel if i do the two fays i am helping out but on my terms, does this make sense? Thanks again
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
BL2010
by BL on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Tell her that you will gladly do the two days and keep him until his dad gets home as long as it's before whatever time... And let her pay you.

wishbearmom
by Sue on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:25 AM

It's way okay to help on your terms. To help at all is generous - you have absolutely no reason to feel guilty; they should be grateful you're willing to help period!

mom22tumblebugs
by Silver sister on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I think you should just say no if you don't want to do all 3 days and let her find someone else, which she will based on the sound of her personality. And don't feel guilty saying no. I carpooled a couple of families kids for a couple of yrs with nary a thanks at the end of the yr, but this yr decided I am driving my kids and no one elses. Best thing I did.

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:34 AM

I agree

Quoting mom22tumblebugs:

I think you should just say no if you don't want to do all 3 days and let her find someone else, which she will based on the sound of her personality. And don't feel guilty saying no. I carpooled a couple of families kids for a couple of yrs with nary a thanks at the end of the yr, but this yr decided I am driving my kids and no one elses. Best thing I did.

klee001
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:35 AM
2 moms liked this

it sounds like if you give her an inch, she'll try to take a mile and if she's this pushy now, she will prob be worse later

I'm all for being nice and doing favors---but this one just sounds like trouble waiting to happen

I would go with no

firelites
by Anne on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:38 AM

If they offer you gas money, accept it.  On the days when they have early release they need to make acceptable arrangements for their child, your cat live in your home their child does not.  The mom sounds like a type A personality, they can be pushy to the point of anal, they tend to be that way with everyone I would not take it personaly, you can help out on your terms, but don't let them use you for a free taxi/babysitter , once in a while is fine but not constantly

gbcmom
by Bronze sister on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:41 AM
No. What happens on the day your kid is out sick or something? Still gotta go get hers. Or her kid it out sick? Will she ask to watch him all day? Or school holidays? I think no would be the best answer. And pp said would like type that give an in take a mile.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lovemyshadows
by Bronze sister on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Don't do it.  Just say no..  

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:42 PM

if the kids get along and you want to go ahead BUT if you don't really want to, be honest with her and say NO...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)