Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to the group

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:21 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 125 Total Views

Hi Ladies,

Newbie to the group and look forward to getting to know you! I am a single mom of three kids ages 19, 11, and 5. I was widowed four years ago and with a lot of time and faith, have come through the darkest days and really try to live a life with positive influences for my children. I lost my job the same month my husband passed away so it took a while to get back on my feet and even consider finding a job. I spent the last few years going to school and got a Health Information Technician Associates Degree and have started classes for a Bachelors of Health Information Management. I find, though, that even with years of experience (a strong marketing and analysis background) it is really difficult to find any kind of decent job that has benefits. Such is life so I have started my own business and will work on building that with the hopes that this is the path I am supposed to be on.

Looking forward to jumping in some conversations and getting my feet wet, but I should get a cup of coffee first ... well, maybe tea, I'm not a big coffee drinker!

Karenbutterflyhave a nice day

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Carmen66
by Carmen - Hot Latina on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Welcome to the group, my name is Carmen.welcome to cafemom

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:14 PM

I'm Angela. Nice to meet you!

Lovemyshadows
by Bronze sister on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:16 PM

welcome

Lovemyshadows
by Bronze sister on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:18 PM

welcome

looneymom424
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Welcome to the group I am Regina

PinkDragonFly
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Welcome to the group!

BL2010
by BL on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Hi and welcome Karen. Sorry for the losses you've gone through but it sounds like you're on the right track. Good luck with your business. That's awesome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)