Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what would you do?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:40 PM
  • 15 Replies
  • 358 Total Views
Why is it that other families seem to help each other but mine doesn't?
My 21 year old acts like such a jerk a lot of the times. He feels he doesn't and I'm mean for saying this.
I feel he is acting like my ex. I'm the bad guy and he is the good guy. My family is on his side and I'm the just alone. He told my dd my time for gong to school is over. I need to work and make money and that's it but meanwhile he wants me to support him too.
He won't pay for the internet I didn't want to have bc I don't want to get things that are not a necessity like water and electric. He doesn't want to help pay the car insurance or gas.
Yesterday was dd's bday and my sister invited us to get house. I eventually told her I couldn't go bc I don't have gas in the car. And later my son out of the blue said he will pay for gas. When we didn't go, he went with my dd to see his friends saying he has to sports the gas he added to the car now and that he was driving in a way that he will waste gas.

That to me is so self fish and I am the bad guy!!! He wants to move back to PBC and he keeps telling me that we need to and he finds jobs for me to go. I have checked out a few I thought were with looking into bc of how much they paid but I'm thinking if he wants to move, he needs to find his own way instead of being this leech.

Am I too harsh? What do you think I should do?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:54 PM
4 moms liked this
Wow who does he think he is? Your dad? I'd jack my 21 year old into next week if he treated me that way. Put your foot down..or up, which ever way works best. Don't let him walk all over you. ((Hugs))
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Cut off all luxuries you don't want, put passwords on the ones you wanna keep. Charge him for the passwords... Hide your keys... And tell ds to pay hs own way... Why are you the meanie for wanting your grown son to stop mooching? If he wants to move, he needs to be looking for jobs for himself. You can find your own job if you wanna move!

PinkDragonFly
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:04 PM
2 moms liked this

my 17 yr old seems to think at times he rules the house. I have to put him in check!

Sharon

Revenge(ABC TV) and More, come join me CLICK

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118222

1squishysmom
by Laurie on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I am SO glad our 20yo son moved out at 18, right after graduating. He can be somewhat of a jerk as well. We get along so much better now. He was very fortunate to get a good job and have a good-hearted gf to take care of him now.

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this

he is 21.  give him a choice to act appropriately or leave. but you must actually follow through on the rule.....

if you allow him to stay with out him changing, then you really have no right to complain about the behavior.

BL2010
by BL on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Ummmm, he's 21 years old. Tell him to get out and start being an adult!

looneymom424
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this

If mine were like that I told them to go find a place to live or pay rent they had to have income.  I dont pay for them now I surely dont pay for gas either

Lovemyshadows
by Bronze sister on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Send him to go live with his dad for awhile. 

flika
by Gold sister on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:45 PM
I have to apologize for the many typos or spellings and wrong words. I wrote it using swipe in my phone and didn't check
:(

I was reading it just now and it is a huge mess. Thank you guys for understanding bc I don't think I could have Lol

The only reason I haven't ask my son to leave is bc he watches my 2 year old ds. I just got home from work (930PM) and I don't have any body else to watch him. He have me an attitude bc I mention the state of the house and that he didn't feed the baby when I left food for them. He days he didn't see it. Then he said if he wasn't there who would watch the baby! I said I guess I will figure it out.

This is terrible! I'm tired of his attitude. His way of watching my little one is giving him the iPad while he plays Xbox. Never takes him to the park or makes him paint or draw or anything fun. My ten dd does.

I just don't know how else to figure this our
flika
by Gold sister on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:46 PM
We don't know where he moved to and unfortunately, he is a drug user so it wouldn't be safe. I'm sure he won't want to go otherwise it is an excellent idea!

Quoting Lovemyshadows:

Send him to go live with his dad for awhile. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)