Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

the house that built you

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:11 PM
  • 24 Replies
  • 374 Total Views
1 mom liked this
Ok i was in the car in tears ( not a big country fan, so i am alittle late to this party) do you all have a place like the song says that you have great memories growing up in ( handprints in the cement, marks on the wall with your tallness) if so have you went back there, went in or does the family still own this house that built you?
Mine i guess was just where ever my mom was when she was alive, now that she is no longer i really dont have a house that holds a younger me? My dads house is painful to visit! But i d love to here about your houses! I tried to give my kids this gift of a house that built them! Hugs
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkDragonFly
by Shazzy on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:32 PM

my aunt sold my child house out from under my mom about 5 yrs ago when my mom got sick. So no memories there.  

mrgetinold
by Gold sister on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Quoting PinkDragonFly:

my aunt sold my child house out from under my mom about 5 yrs ago when my mom got sick. So no memories there.  

oh i am sorry, family stuff like that is sad, my sister lost my moms house because she is stupid at couldnt pay her bills, so i understand
PinkDragonFly
by Shazzy on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:38 PM

im sorry

Quoting mrgetinold:

Quoting PinkDragonFly:

oh i am sorry, family stuff like that is sad, my sister lost my moms house because she is stupid at couldnt pay her bills, so i understand

Sharon

Revenge(ABC TV) and More, come join me CLICK

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118222

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:08 PM

I did, when my nana moved here to Tx she sold it and the bum who bought it tore it down...grrr so I don't anymore.

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this

My oldest brother currently lives in the house I grew up in...and yes it's the house that built me.

caro100
by Bronze sister on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:55 PM

No the house we grew up in has been sold several years ago.  My husbands parents house is still in the family and the marks on the wall are still there

looneymom424
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this

My mom and dad still own their house they got it when I was 3.  I have alot of memories there good and bad

RosesReally
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:44 PM

I am not for sure where mine is located.

mamavalor
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I bought my parents house a few years ago just for this reason. 

Donna273109
by Sister on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this

It was my granny and pawpaws house. They had both pasted away before I was six but I have my best memories there. We lived there with my mom until they passed.We have went back since we have been grown and even went inside! Funny how that house seamed so large when I was small. I remember a large eat in kitchen it had a table with six chairs and I could still ride my big wheel around it! The back yard was never ending with a hugh barn and a fig tree that had and mounds under it. Well again everything was tiny. Anyway very good memories. The house was sold after my grandparents passed. We could have remained in the house till I turned 18 but pawpaw died in the house and that was to hard for my mom. Sometimes I wish we would have stayed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)