Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Are You Planting Anything This Spring?

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:01 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 133 Total Views

Some ladies like to garden with flowers.  Some grow veggie gardens.  Some grow little pots of herbs to use in their kitchens.  Are you going to plant anything this spring?  What are you planning on?  Have you started yet?  Is this your first attempt or are you an old hand at growing things?  

My hubby and I do a small box garden of peppers and tomatoes.  And if we lose any of our plants over winter to the frost, we replace our flowers/shrubs or try new items.  We lost a couple of agapantha plants this winter, so I think I'm going to replace them with Shasta daisey shrubs.  

Goddess Johnnie 

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
letstalk747
by Joyful on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:13 PM

yeah , in pots do every spring

gonecrazi
by Lucky :) on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Soon as we get the beds ready I'm gonna plant my roses.

sunflower37
by Lee Lee on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Growing herbs in my garden.

RoseWall
by RoseWall on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Im interested in roses
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lovemyshadows
by Bronze sister on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:29 PM

I'm not a gardener really, but this year I've planted flowers out back and I've been thinking of trying tomatoes in containers. Fresh herbs would be nice too.

doodlepuss
by Platinum sister on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:37 PM

I planted seeds already!   It's really warm here--Corpus area.  I have some plants that butterflies like started in trays--they will be ready to plant in the ground soon.  I planted seeds of Johnny Jump Up flowers, Carpet of Snow and some Catnip.  They've sprouted already.  I also planted basil and rosemary seeds and they are doing well.   I had planted chives but the cat killed them when she launched herself to the kitchen window sill trying to get a bird---there's glass there you crazy cat!!!

I have a ton of other stuff to plant and things to rearrange in the yard.  It's sooooo windy here and we are in the middle of a drought so it's hard to work.  Sometimes the wind will blow me over!  I'm still finding spots around the house and smoke house that are out of the worst of the wind for my babies.  I have lavender to plant too.  I'm so late on that one.

RoseWall
by RoseWall on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:39 PM
I have been stalking the Queen palms at Sams Club. I want a new pretty pot for it. I rarely spend such large monies on my desires
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harmony7
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:43 PM

We will put in a Large veggie and herb garden. I am using heirloom seeds...corn, black beans, kidney beans, green beans, purple hull peas, crowder peas, zuchinni, yellow squash, watermelon, cantelope, four types of peppers, three types of tomatoes, mixed lettuce, and various herbs. I dont do flowers, if I am going to put the effort into it I want to eat it :).

Pam in Alabama
A Mom to nine sons and one daughter with five still at home
Zsadist_Lover
by Sister on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Cabbage, collards, eggplant, jalapeƱos, tomatoes, zucchini, squash, bell peppers, berries, tulips, morning glories, moonflower, sunflowers, sage, basil, rosemary, thyme, lavender, cilantro.
Foods too expensive, time to Live off the land again.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:16 AM

nope not this year..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)