Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

I Thought This Was Interesting - Would You Avoid Someone...

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:21 PM
  • 23 Replies
  • 402 Total Views

if they unfriended you on FB or other social media. I read an article that Facebook Unfriending can have Real Life ramifications, and that women especially avoid people who have unfriended them. I'm not sure if I'd take it that personally. I guess it would depend on the circumstances. I'm not even sure I'd realize it for a while lol!

Here's a link the article if you're interested in reading it in its entirety.

http://smallbusiness.foxbusiness.com/sbc/2013/02/05/facebook-unfriending-has-real-life-consequences/?intcmp=sem_outloud

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Group Admin on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I didnt reads the article. Yes I take it personally. Unless we have had a problem then why would someone unfriend me ?

CBMMOM
by Sister on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:27 PM

If someone "unfriends" you,you probably should take it personally. 

hau_siyoka
by Doll Baby on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this

There is only one thing you know for certain and that is YOU on the other side of the screen....

rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I guess it would be hard  to not take it personally if someone you know in real life defriended you. I only had this happen once and it resulted when a coworker had disciplinary action and felt I was the one directly involved. I can understand her reaction. I did not take it personally and am sad that she felt this way. However, some things happened that were out of my controlonce the parties involved continued to act even after a warning. Now if gaming friend defriended me I could care less. In fact when I no longer played games on facebook I defriended over 800 people...it was silly having my life open to that many people.

looneymom424
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:36 PM
2 moms liked this

I unfriend people who I dont want to deal with who cause drama on their page only

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I take it personal, because it is personal... But if someone unfriends me, were they really friends to begin with? I have been unfriended, but it has never hurt my feelings...

mrgetinold
by Gold sister on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:19 PM
My dd unfriended me, should i avoid her? She ll be 18 soon lol
atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this
My BIL's wife defriended me. I didn't notice till she called to tell me and say she was unhappy. Long story why. I didn't give a crap. Not my fav person.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I have never ever been friends with my 21 yo. Do not want to. She would clutter my facebook, lol.

Quoting mrgetinold:

My dd unfriended me, should i avoid her? She ll be 18 soon lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
z00t1
by Sister on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I never unfriend anyone I just limit access so they never know. Sort of like real life. If I've been unfriended, oh well point taken. I'll get over it. Usually if someone has unfriended me I've known why and its fine by me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN