Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Need advice and support

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Replies (11-19):
BL2010
by BL on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this

GET OUT! Take your kids and go to a women's shelter, local hospital, or police station.

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Honey, if you're scared of your husband, go to a friend's home, or a women's shelter. What brought this on?

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Need more information, but if you're fearful of him hurting you physically, emotionally, call a relative or a friend and get out ASAP. Please let us know you are safe!

dusky_rose
by Sue on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:05 PM
3 moms liked this

National Domestic Violence Hotline 1.800.799.SAFE. Please read the rest of this before you call or click the link. I suggest that you call them from a phone that doesn't have caller id, perhaps at a trusted friend's house. Home phones and cell phones aren't always safe, sometimes they can hit redial and find out who you called that way. Hugs mama, I've been there. Call this number and talk to the caring women advocates that take your call about your situation. They will help you get through this. If you decide to go to the website, you may want to do so from a safe computer. Your abuser can look at your computer history to know what sites you have visited. And then there are key loggers to worry about. If you can, go to your public library to do so.

soliderwife
by Bronze sister on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:21 AM
Get out if u call womens shelter they will help you. No woman should take any abuse from the man she loves...Being afraid is no way to live.I was a abused qife i ended up in hospital for three days please leave..I promise life gets better for u and ur children once u take that first step Send me friend request .
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Avitar
by Sister on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:42 AM

Get to a domestic violence shelter. If you can't sneak out, call 911 police for What is called a safe passage. Tell them of your fear of being harmed. Have your kids with you.  The shelter will help you file a restraining order, get transitional housing and section 8 permanent housing. You never ever have to go back and you shouldn't. I did it, and so can you. I am 7 years out now, and a happy single parent. Power and control is not love. Love is not supposed to hurt the body or heart. Grab only a few things and Get out of there, the sooner the better. THE D.V. Shelters have everything you could need because they know people sometimes  just have to leave immediately to save their lives. Choose a shelter that is far from home. Mine was 75 miles away. I quit my job, pulled my Son out of school So we could not be found by him during my life transition. Contact me anytime you want.

MsMimna
by Sister on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

If he works...then wait until he leaves. Let the kids go to school like normal so he isn't suspicious...you can go get them after he leaves. Call a woman's abuse shelter or the police...tell them you need help immediately!!! They will help you with the steps you need to take. File a No Contact Order on your husband. Please...do this NOW!!!! Hugs & Prayers for you and your kids :))

tambrathegreat
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:40 PM

You need to get out NOW!!!.  Get your kids, and call a women's shelter.   I'm really worried for you and for them.

dusky_rose
by Sue on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

This is what I ended up doing. I took the kids to school like normal. Then I packed whatever I could in the van and went to pick the kids up from school like normal and before I left I left him a note that I was going shopping and I never went back home. I knew that he was supposed to work late that night because he was a football coach. I ended up staying in a shelter, it wasn't that bad. Then they helped me get on my feet with transitional housing.

Quoting MsMimna:

If he works...then wait until he leaves. Let the kids go to school like normal so he isn't suspicious...you can go get them after he leaves. Call a woman's abuse shelter or the police...tell them you need help immediately!!! They will help you with the steps you need to take. File a No Contact Order on your husband. Please...do this NOW!!!! Hugs & Prayers for you and your kids :))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN