Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Yes, lady he is MY SON!

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:23 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 157 Total Views

My granddaughter Mikayla had her birthday party yesterday and it was in a public place. I go in with my son Kevin (he is Hispanic/African American/white) and his GF is African American and of course we had the two kids with us. They ask us at the door what party we were with and we told her, "T" introduced us as Mikayla parents, brother and me, grandma. The girl looked at me like I had a a blue face and no clothes on. I thought it was just me and "T" said to me that she felt that the lady was a bit rude because of her attitude towards me when she introduced us. I laughed it off because I had gotten these looks all my boys life and will for the rest of their lives. In this day and time you would people wouldnt look at the persons skin color but who they were. SMH~~

Any of you that have Bi Racial children get "that look" when you go out with them?

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Sorry that people now a days are so politically correct aka RUDE!!!

harmony7
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:51 AM

I am a typical American of white/jewish/dutch/english/ african american/cherokee descent ..melting pot...my dh is german...

My youngest two bio children...one is blonde, blue eyed and fair skinned his younger brother inherited the darker traits of our linage, he looks just like my mom who is mostly cherokee and is dark skinned, browned eyed and dark headed..

I can not tell you the number of people who ask who his daddy is or if he is adopted....he is 17 now and he just tells everyone he was adopted and his real name is Ricky.

Pam in Alabama
A Mom to nine sons and one daughter with five still at home
Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I still get those looks and questions because of being a quarter filipino. I hate it, but I am proud of my filipino heritage! My and my kids eyes are all slanty like Asians are. W/E!  I'm sorry Dana!

MsMimna
by Sister on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:13 AM

I'm so sorry that in this day and age you have to deal with such ignorance. It's sad because it shows our children that there are still people in their world that are going to judge them or their family for stupid reasons that they probably don't even understand themselves, because its what they were taught.

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:50 AM

My niece went through that with her kids. On the other hand, one of my best friends, although her kids are biracial, never did. Her girls may have darker skin and curlier hair, but their facial features are their mom's NO QUESTION. Her oldest daughter in particular has her mommy's rosy cheeks; she is gorgeous!

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:09 AM
My other son (Kevin's twin) baby is white skin with red hair and blue eyes and they look at the girls and my son and DIL and swear she cheated on him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Latent genes! My oldest daughter Rachel has the lightest green eyes you've ever seen, and yet her dad has brown eyes and mine used to be brown but faded to greenish-brown/hazel over the years. I don't know where the light gray-green eyes came from. Rach also stayed blonde, while Tim's hair is dark brown and Hannah's hair is darkening, so she's likely to be a brown-eyed brunette by the time she hits her teens.

Quoting dana63:

My other son (Kevin's twin) baby is white skin with red hair and blue eyes and they look at the girls and my son and DIL and swear she cheated on him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)