Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

My crazy friend

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:18 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 165 Total Views

So one of things I want to do is own my business. I have been talking to a friend about ideas. Well we dont have a swim team here and my kids love swim team.. its something we gave up when we left MT.

So tonight she says "I have the perfect idea for you"

me oh yeah what

she then goes a swim team.. charge people to be apart of the swim team... ok

1. if you have to pay more than $20 to be part of something, then kids are probably not gonna do it.

2. it would cost me a fortune to be a coach you have training and classes and all kinds of stuff to pay before you can even be coach

3. once the parents pay for the kids to be part of the swim team, it then become there responbility to get them to the meet

4. then theres the swim suits, the goggles, and the swim hats. which are expensive as well

5. she thinks this business would be proftible and told me to write for a business grant...

6. Im still laughing.. ha ha ha ha

My family!!

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
RoseWall
by RoseWall on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:55 PM

hmmmmm. i guess i missed the funny part.

so the only thing i am thinking without knowing much backstory. is swimming your passion. if so . i say go for it.

yes i imagine it will take much work.

yes i believe you can do it.

hugs.

RoseWall
by RoseWall on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:57 PM

maybe she is crazy like a fox.

its something one of the people i know says all the time.

so it came to mind in this instance

diaperstodating
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:20 AM

I think it sounds like a great idea.

good

PinkDragonFly
by Shazzy on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:39 AM

wouldn't the parents pay, not the kids?   I know I pay an arm and a leg for my daughters cheer!

Sharon

Revenge(ABC TV) and More, come join me CLICK

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118222

crazynut
by Bronze sister on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:24 AM

yes the parents would pay.... but it would be costly in order for it to pay for me to be a swimming coach.. to cover all the expenses needs.... meet fees, swim suits, goggles, swim caps, my income, pool rental fee, which would be $100 a day. I dont see where this would be profitable..

Swimming is a great love of mine... If i could get the pool manager position I would do that in a heart beat.. but they hire the same person year in and year out.. and she doesnt have a clue.. this pool could be so much more..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)