Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you have ppl like this in your life

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:04 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 166 Total Views
Ok sisters how do i deal ( tired of being my in laws doormat) my sil has just been awful to me (when i call her on it, she dont see it and turns it around to be about her). So yesterday my dd turned 18 ( her son (who is her adopted grandson ( as her dd wanted attention and got pregnant twice that yr and got married ( that was annulled) )any way her sons bday is 2 days after my dd, so she makes it all about him ( we dont go to his bdayfest, as our kids are in sports and we celebrate my dds day) but make sure he gets ( he is 4) something nice! any way my bday girl wanted fast food so i went and got, we sat down to eat and who pulls in but my sil ( no call no nothing, well she forgot to put my dds card in the mail) she is just rude and full of herself, so my dh goes to the door and by the time he comes back we are done eating and i have to run dd over for a graduation meeting ( so we are doing cake i guess tonight, i let her open her gifts last night) i have had it with this sil ( yes she was doing at least something nice, just in a rude way) i think this is the straw that broke this mommas back! Hugs and thanks for listening this sil is just throwing her wt around ( we dont have a family party as she cant be bothered to rsvp ( she has 6 and either shows or not ( ( but you gotta plan for them coming) and my mil has yelled at my family and my dh does nothing! amd i got tired of putting up with the toxic mess) thanks again! Hugs
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Seems to me you need to let dh know your true feelings about his family and then speak your mind!! Don't let them walk all over you and he shouldn't let them!! ((Hugs))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lovemyshadows
by Bronze sister on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:30 AM

You are right, you celebrate your daughters birthday any way you wish.  She can do what ever she wants without you.

crazynut
by Bronze sister on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:43 AM

your dd's bday is jus as important as the other ones. My oldest son had to share is bday with his Aunt and she would get pissed everytime I did a bday party for my son... So thankful we packed our shit and left the family.. I couldnt do it anymore... so we cut the drama out.. and its been the best 4 years ever!!

mom22tumblebugs
by Silver sister on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:46 AM

I had a hard time reading this.... And aside from the fact that you don't like you SIL... I don't get it. Why not have a combined bday party on a day other than the actual day to celebrate with the extended family? People make too big a deal out of birthdays that aren't even their own.

sunflower37
by Lee Lee on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:52 AM

My sil is the biggest damn liar in the world I stay clear of her because every time she comes to town it's always drama. So I know what you're talking about. I hope your daughter enjoyed her birthday.

firelites
by Anne on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:01 AM

you have my empathy of the inlaws situation, I hope your daughter had a great day

GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Oh girl, I know what it's like to deal with crazy, selfish inlaws.  You totally have my sympathy!

You gotta do what's best for you and your family and cut those toxic family members out.  Life is too short to deal with that drama.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)