Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you a......

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:42 PM
  • 21 Replies
  • 418 Total Views
3 moms liked this

HUGGER?

I had a lady come into my office today, didn't know her from adam, and she walked right up to me and hugged me.  Now she did just win our pool giveaway but still.

I'm a hugger, but not people I don't know.  It didn't bother me, I'm not a "don't touch me" kinda person.  She just caught me off guard.

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BL2010
by BL on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Oh, I am most definitely a hugger! But I do not go up to strangers and hug them.

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I love hugs, just don't like it when I'm caught off guard from a complete stranger.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PinkDragonFly
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:08 PM

not really a big hugger except for my kids!

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:17 PM

My kids...hmmmm, one's a hugger one is not.

Quoting PinkDragonFly:

not really a big hugger except for my kids!

luvnature
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:20 PM

I'm a big hugger. especially more when I see someone do something nice for someone else or us. I don't mind getting hugs, even when cut off guard. hugs are good for you. :-) they make people smile and we sure need smiles in this day and age with all the violence going on in the world. 

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this

So very true.

Quoting luvnature:

I'm a big hugger. especially more when I see someone do something nice for someone else or us. I don't mind getting hugs, even when cut off guard. hugs are good for you. :-) they make people smile and we sure need smiles in this day and age with all the violence going on in the world. 

firelites
by Anne on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:36 PM

with my rainbow girl training I can pull off the "kiss,kiss hugs-n-crap", most of the time I am ok with it and can give some petty good hugs, however in my BiLs case I tend use my purse as a body block

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah there are always those that you are like  "naw...I'm good" LOL

Quoting firelites:

with my rainbow girl training I can pull off the "kiss,kiss hugs-n-crap", most of the time I am ok with it and can give some petty good hugs, however in my BiLs case I tend use my purse as a body block

GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:44 PM
2 moms liked this

I am a big hugger.  If I've met you once or twice and we meet again in a social setting, I'm gonna hug you.  That is, if it's a low-key kind of thing.  I know better than to do it at inappropriate times/places.

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:45 PM

That's how I am...after a few times I'll greet you with a hug.

Quoting GoddessJohnnie:

I am a big hugger.  If I've met you once or twice and we meet again in a social setting, I'm gonna hug you.  That is, if it's a low-key kind of thing.  I know better than to do it at inappropriate times/places.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)