Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

tank tops?

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:08 AM
  • 35 Replies
  • 408 Total Views
1 mom liked this
I love tank tops, I wear them a lot during the summer because I'm always hot. In the winter time I put on a tank top so I can be comfortable while I'm cooking and cleaning. My mom thinks I'm too old to wear a tank top. I'm 44 I live in Texas and its hot here. She says women my age shouldn't wear tank tops and if we do we should wear some sort of jacket or cardigan over it. What do you think ladies over 40,do you wear tank tops?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:34 AM

NO! That's beyond old school thinking. I wear them in spring and summer, and I am kinda fat!

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:46 AM
I will around the house but not out in public.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
iluv2bmum
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:49 AM

I wear tank tops all the time (I'm 42)... all year round... if I go out in public I will wear something over top of it though since I'm very self-consious about my body... I just find them very comfortable...

Alwaysmotivated
by Loving Life on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:56 AM

I am totally a  cute tank top girl, Love them big smile miniwith Jeans.. Yes!

PinkDragonFly
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I wear them all the time too! Much easier to clean up around the house in! I wear them out too with a light weight jacket type, "cover up" . I have a tank top in every color you can think of. 

jlsjjsmom
by Sister on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:05 AM
3 moms liked this

I'll be 54 this year and I wear tank tops in the summer, even out in public. I can't imagine turning a certain age and deciding I'm too old to wear them!

girlcitycountry
by Chris on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:08 AM

I don't but I am overweight, if I was skinner I would love to wear tank tops. I believe you should wear what you want to wear and do what makes you feel comfortable.

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Same here. I love tank tops. They are so comfortable. I woulnd't even wear anything over it if I weren't self concsious.

Quoting iluv2bmum:

I wear tank tops all the time (I'm 42)... all year round... if I go out in public I will wear something over top of it though since I'm very self-consious about my body... I just find them very comfortable...

SAMI_JO
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:15 AM

I wear tank tops everyday. It gets hot here in Alabama too. I don't think there is an age of tank tops. Just wear what makes you feel good.

JennaBea
by Silver sister on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I think that we are in our 40's, we should wear what we want.  That's your moms opinion only. Thank you but make your own decisions :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN