Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Southerners and snow... Lol

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:35 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 190 Total Views
2 moms liked this

by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:41 PM
2 moms liked this

lol what is worse is them on the road!!  My dad used to race on ice so he took my sister and I out and taught us to drive on it and snow... We know how lol but most around her DON'T!!..

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:04 PM

The fact that she is wearing an Alabama t-shirt explains a lot!  LOL!!

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

In my 45 years on this earth I have seen snow on the roads here in S.E. Louisiana exactly three times....I sure as hell didn't drive in it.  We are not tuned into that kinda driving.  Now hurricanes, that's a whole nother story...hahaha.

Quoting starlight1968:

lol what is worse is them on the road!!  My dad used to race on ice so he took my sister and I out and taught us to drive on it and snow... We know how lol but most around her DON'T!!..

BL2010
by BL on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:36 AM

hahahahaha

25beengoodtome
by Crazy LiL' Sister on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:12 AM

So true! One more thing;   " I don't want to need snow tires."

ivf_blessed
by Sister on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

We only need the threat of snow to shut down school around here...and you would be amazed at the snowman that kids can make with a dusting of snow around these parts!

codfish
by Sister on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Snow isn't the problem here. We have the joy of black ice that even freaks out my Northern friends. However, with our weather it may be 70 degrees the day after it snows.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
soliderwife
by Bronze sister on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Im suthern and driving in snow is no problem for me i ve live all over the states,Yes there is alot people who dont know how to drive in the snow r on black ice, but nt only in south.. I like tha it can snow one day here in Misissippi and be 70 the next day.....

Why123
by Nancy on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:33 PM

A long time ago when we lived in Arkansas my children were out of school for 2 weeks when it snowed.  We lived on a dirt road in the middle of nowhere so when the snow melted the road turned into about a foot of mud.  They couldn't get the school buses back there.  They kept getting stuck.

JenniferLeighLu
by Sister on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:43 AM

Well when it gets over 90 degrees in the North they act like their skin will melt off...so it goes both ways.  Lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)