Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Reflection on the Making of a Terrorist

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:03 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 107 Total Views

I sat watching the special news report when I got home from work. We were told that the perpetrators of terror in Boston were two brothers from the Russian satelite state of Chechnya. This is a primarily Muslim country with strong ties to Islamic Terrorists. These 2 young men ,ages 26 and 19, had declared a Jihad on the USA ... a holy war. I find it so hard to imagine feeling that it is God's will to maim and kill so many people. I cannot believe that God promotes hate....have we all gotten it wrong? I think promotion of love and tolerance is the true path. So here we have two people who started their own wat that solved nothing and perhaps makes it harder to find tolerance and acceptance of Muslims. This is so sad because most Muslims do not believe that it is ok to kill and promote terror. They are people ,just like you and I, who are trying to get by day to day, raise their families and live. It is sad that, because of certain politicians refusal to appear to be profiling and not dealing with has violations of immigration standards, an individual who had been charged with domestic violance was not deported. ICE has met with such resistance and no backup in deporting violators that they have not deported many violent immigrants. If the rules had been enforced then one member of this terrorist team would not have been in the country. They had time to allow their hate to festor and plan an act that is almost unthinkable to most citizens of this country. Is there something that could have changed the blind hatred, something that could have made these 2 young men pursue their education instead of jhad? I fear that we will never know the answer and, since I cannot wrap my mind around such blind hatred, I am not sure I want to. My God would never ask me to hate, he would want me to treat all living things with respect. He would tell me, if I listened, that no matter what you call him he is the same. I am sorry that I am rambling. I had such a hard time watching the report where everyone was laughing and cheering. I was glad that it was over but I was heavy  of heart...so much sadness for two young men who had lost their way. Two brothers who would never again share their lives. One was dead and the other injured and in custody. So many lives shattered or snuffed out with the seeming ease of blowing out a candle. It was not a moment of joy for me but a moment that pointed out how much we have lost as a country and how much these brothers lost because of a violent belief system. I guess my prayer will be that we can find some room for forgiveness and hope that somehow the death of the one brother and arrest of the other does not add fuel to the extremists cause. They could easily be viewed as innocents martyrs by their supporters. May we all give a prayer for peace and tolerance....

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:09 PM
2 moms liked this

Very well said...

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this

yes I agree... it is sad that they will now add 'fuel to the fire' to people hating muslims again.  I don't understand the "why" and hope that this one boy (yes I call him that as he was just 19) can give a reason for their actions...  It is sad that they have to kill innocent people/children for whatever cause they felt it was....

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this

My son has a friend who is 24, is from Chechnya. He is a great, smart and yes, Russian guy. (His name is Sergei,very nice guy!)  My StepMom is from Russia. (Her name is Elena) Not sure what part, but a very nice lady. When I was in school, there were several muslim students and a couple teachers who are Muslim. These people that are the terrorists make the really decent, normal ones look so bad for all of their countries. It's maddening and sickening!!

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I am very sad over this and it's so senseless to me. The boys are about my boys' age & I try to imagine my own ever getting so off track. It's just not fathomable. I don't understand it at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)