Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

prom panic

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:56 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 488 Total Views
1 mom liked this
My dd has prom on friday after finding the dress, altering the dress so it fit my skinny mini and her bra too, finding her shoes and all no my panic has set in
She is going in a group of 8 good kids,they are all meeting at one of the male parents house to take pictures before leaving for dinner and prom, this male is a friend not a bf of my dds. My dd and i were at a senior meeting a few weeks back and she walked past them and her friend had her go meet his folks ( she was kinda taken a back at the time) well the mom from what i am told is a type a and talked to her ds that my dd didnt look her in the eye or shake her hand firmly. Like she wasnt impressed ( which her ds told this to my dd) which upset her ( and me too)
So friday i am dropping her off staying to take a few pictures and Panicied at meeting this women i am a type ( shy and quiet) so i am worried what she will think of me ( i know i should cae but i do) it is nice to be invited over to take photos at her house ( should i bring something?) It bothers me that she said those things about my dd too! I am also worried i with all the biggness of the senior prom that i will start crying and be a mess! Thank you all for listening to my panic! Hugs to you all!
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:59 PM
All parents take pictures. That is the fun part. I loved pics and most of the time it was at my house. Don't panic, be happy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:03 PM
3 moms liked this

Just be there for your DD. You cannot control the actions or thoughts of others. I followed my DD to her prom date's house and took photos. I do not regret a thing.

Here are my girl's prom photos. Please share yours when you have them!!

hau_siyoka
Sophia curly top lol
Yesterday at 2:30 PM
by Doll Baby on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Giant hugs to you Sissy....You have to reason to be shy you are doing it for your daughter and on prom nite it is a great princess feeling...I remember mine many moons ago and  remember having the dress made....My date was a high school crush and it made the nite even more special.....Keep us posted and share those pics!!! we'd love to see them and flash back to our time.

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:08 PM
3 moms liked this

Sweetheart, you cry away. I happen to be one of those type a personalities myself... And I cry everytime my kids have a milestone, or I watch a sad movie, or hear a sad song, or see a commercial.... Well, you get the picture... As for what she thinks of you, well, that is all on her... Don't let her intimidate you. You go over there, take your pics, cry like you are suppose to... AND enjoy this time in your dds life... PLEASE don't let someone elses opinion take away from this moment in your life!!!

MUAH!!!!

PinkDragonFly
by Shazzy on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:26 PM
3 moms liked this

don't worry about the other mom, just be there for your dd... take pictures and don't worry about about the other mom.

harmony7
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:57 PM
2 moms liked this

Yeah dont worry about what she thinks, you are mom of a beautiful gal and they are just lucky to have met her....Take your photos and enjoy the day! It is a special time.

My son is on Prom Two...He did not go to his but is going to his second out of state in a couple of weeks...crazy girls parents are flying him up and they pay his way...

This is Prom One-

Pam in Alabama
A Mom to nine sons and one daughter with five still at home
GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:16 PM
My feelings exactly!!

Quoting PinkDragonFly:

don't worry about the other mom, just be there for your dd... take pictures and don't worry about about the other mom.

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't worry about it! I felt the same way when Kevin went to prom. The girl he went with was not for him. Snooty, kind of, parents were well off. You gotta realize; parents of girls and boys seem to have different expectations of other kids that their child may date. Tell your daughter to be herself, look at people in the eye, if she can. The rest should flow smooothly. Parents can be TOTAL assholes when they are sizing up thier child's date. It's stupid, but as long as the kids have fun, who cares! 

Compactsized
by Sister on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:32 AM

Well it's that Moms lost not yours. My daughter's boyfriend waited until the Monday before prom to let her know they were going. So Thursday is the day she went to find a dress. Lucky her she found one and already had the perfect shoes. Let me tell you Monday going, Thursday finding dress, and Saturday was prom. Don't want to go through that again. They had a blast.........

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:00 AM
My thoughts exactly

Quoting PinkDragonFly:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)