Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Happy Birthday Mom.

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:54 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 75 Total Views

Tomorrow would have been my mothers 85th birthday.  She passed away 2 years ago and I have done a lot of thinking in those 2 years and the years before she passed.  She was a difficult and judgement woman.  My father spoiled her, it was always her way, what she wanted, all about her.  Don't get me wrong, my siblings and I wanted for nothing, and always knew in her way she loved us very much.  But she was difficult none the less. The thing that bothers me the most is we were never close. She wasn't someone I felt comfortable going to or talking to. Maybe I could have tried hard, but honestly I didn't have the energy. But she has made me the mom I am today, from what I learned to do from her to what I learned not to do from her. But the most important thing I learned is that being close to my girls is so important to me and I do all I can to make them feel like I am always here for them not matter what. So Thanks Mom, and Happy Birthday.

by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Happy birthday to your mom... I understand your bittersweet memories. But you are a better mom for it...

Hugz!

sunflower37
by Lee Lee on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Aw that's so sweet happy birthdayto your mom.

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Apr. 27, 2013 at 6:25 PM

I feel for you! I've lost both of my parents, and although it's been a considerable length of time, I still miss them!! (((HUGS!!!)))

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Apr. 27, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Awe...Happy Birthday to your mom.  ((HUGS))

disnchntdwife
by Bronze sister on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:43 AM
I lost my Mom 9 years ago and my Dad January 2nd. Both on Hospice in their home after a terminal illness. It's hard, but it does get better with time. My Mom was extremely immature and could be difficult at times. I choose to remember the good and let the rest go. She wrote letters to the 4 kids, really hurtful letters. I found all but mine and hid them from my surviving 2 siblings. But my Sister who has mental illness found mine last weekend and gave it to me. I cried all week. It hurts that I can't talk to Mom and make things right. After It's all said and done, I have to let go and let God. I wish you much love and happiness on your journey my friend.* hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkDragonFly
by Shazzy on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:53 AM

hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)