Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

this is okay... right?

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:06 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 161 Total Views
Ok, had my dd s senior pics taken back in sept ( after rain delays and a something came up with the photographer) hadto get the yrbook one done and then was promisedthe proofs within a month! Paid for the session and 15 proofs at that time! Was to get them on a cd with the rights to them! My dd was so excited she put them on her i pod touch ( just the 15) to show her friends
Well its now time to mail out the announcements, and no cd, the photographer wanted another month to finish them? I emailed and told her i needed at least two ( i gave her two weeks, which is this week) and nothing so far!
The 15 are paid for, and i would like to get them copied and out ( one less thing to do and then i can celebrate with my dd) can i take the pictures in and get them copied to get them out ( after the two weeks) and wait to do the big ones ( for us and grandparents until i hopefully get the cd from her?) Is this alright to do? I know i paid for them, they are mine to do with! I just feel like i should wait! Also i know the day i do the copies she will let me know she has them all done! Thats just my dumb luck, never get behind me in line at the store, because i am always in tje slowest, or broken one! Well let me know what you wonderful moms think, i know it should be simple but i just feel awful going ahead and doing this! Hugs and thanks!
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
firelites
by Anne on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:00 PM

why the delay? I realize there are lots of seniors, but it seems like you would be entitled to a reimbursement or something extra since they are taking so long

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:13 PM

If you paid for rights for these 15, they are yours. I don't think you have to wait for the cd. If it is the same 15, you should be able the print Thom From the iPod...

mrgetinold
by Gold sister on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Quoting firelites:

why the delay? I realize there are lots of seniors, but it seems like you would be entitled to a reimbursement or something extra since they are taking so long

the photographer is also a teacher at school, and does weddings and had a wedding she did in india! the kid that has his taken right before us just got their pictures last week! Guess i should have had her draw up a contract and then paid her! Thank you
25beengoodtome
by Crazy LiL' Sister on Apr. 28, 2013 at 5:23 PM

My DIL is a professional photographer. It takes hours and days to edit, then finish the pictures.[gotta be sure no -one has creepy " red eyes " It takes a long time to edit the photos, then burn CD'S.

GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:49 PM

I think you should go ahead and make the copies. You own the rights, so do with the photos what you want.  

hau_siyoka
by Doll Baby on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:37 AM

I think your daughter should return the CD so you can do as you wish...I would certainly be all over the photographer its an easy and recent sitting so they should be ready...Its a take your time world and now its rubbing off on services rendered...They need a serious reminder....you can easily have them done elsewhere with the CD....Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)