Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

13.1 this morn!

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:26 PM
  • 19 Replies
  • 630 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Did my half marathon this morning.  My goal was to finish with a 10 min. mile pace and I finished with a 9:43 min mile pace.... Yeah Me!

My over all time was 2:07:22, I was in the top 25% for my age range (40-44) and in the top 31% for all women.  They had 6,100 racers this morning.

by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvlazydaze
by New sister on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Congrats!  Always great to beat your goal!!!  I have a 1/2 next weekend. 

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:34 PM

where?

Quoting luvlazydaze:

Congrats!  Always great to beat your goal!!!  I have a 1/2 next weekend. 

luvlazydaze
by New sister on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:37 PM

St. Charles IL. It is about an hour west of Chicago. If the weather is good I a hoping for a PR. :)

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:43 PM

yeah!  I would love to hear about your race when you are done.  I would love to do races in other areas but it is just so easy to wake up and drive the 5 miles to the start line, rather than getting on a plane.  Only thing I HATE about this race is mile 5.5 to mile 6.5 there is a 420 foot climb - yuck!

Quoting luvlazydaze:

St. Charles IL. It is about an hour west of Chicago. If the weather is good I a hoping for a PR. :)

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Woo hoo! I have my first half marathon July 6. I've been running for years but never braved signing up for anything more than a 12K. Congratulations Jen!!

luvlazydaze
by New sister on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Where was your race at?  St. Charles is close for me.  Takes me about 20 minutes to get there.  Fairly flat course which is why I hope to PR.  Had a good 5k yesterday so i think I'm ready.   If you ever do want to travel the Indy Mini Marathon (early May) is a great race

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

you rock

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Yeah for you!!!  I remember you saying you were a runner.  Please post about the race when you are done... and before so we can cheer you on!

Quoting wishbearmom:

Woo hoo! I have my first half marathon July 6. I've been running for years but never braved signing up for anything more than a 12K. Congratulations Jen!!

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:54 PM

OMG!  I would love to meet you for the Indy Mini... my daughter will be starting at IU this fall.  Im guessing you are a bit faster, most people are - LOL.

Quoting luvlazydaze:

Where was your race at?  St. Charles is close for me.  Takes me about 20 minutes to get there.  Fairly flat course which is why I hope to PR.  Had a good 5k yesterday so i think I'm ready.   If you ever do want to travel the Indy Mini Marathon (early May) is a great race

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I will. Thanks Jen. I've been having some strange issues lately which have affected my running. I work from home, spend countless hours at my laptop, which causes my neck to ache, and this week I have had a bug of some sort and in addition, my lower extremeties have been aching. I seriously don't know what's been going on. But I'm still going to run my favorite 12k next Sunday and continue to train for my half marathon. I'd also like to do another sprint triathlon. I have a friend with whom I've done several, and it would be great if I could add another this summer to my resume. But the neck pain has curtailed my swimming for quite a while now : (

Quoting sahlady:

Yeah for you!!!  I remember you saying you were a runner.  Please post about the race when you are done... and before so we can cheer you on!

Quoting wishbearmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)