Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Why does family

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:59 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 217 Total Views

SUCK!!!

I ask my mom if they wanted to spend the weekend with the kids and I in Hastings... 3 hour drive for them.. My mom said no, that my dad cant travel that far...

Ok well they travel 4 hours to see my niece and her daughter and they drive all over hell to see my other 2 nieces in there school activies.

I always knew my kids where not important to them. But man do they ever show it.

Hide all my family on facebook, because I just dont wanna see how they are all hanging out and see there stupid pictures. when my parents wont even give my kids the time of day.

When I asked her about meeting us in Hastings, she like.. thats graduation weekend for some kids and I have to go to that.. OK.. well that mother's day weekend, and we were gonna do my dd's bday that weekend, and my girls have a track meet. So they could have seen there grandkids, spent mother's day with them and me, and did a bday part.. BUT nope they have to go to other people's kids graduation..

ANd I hate reading my mom's facebook statuses.. they are always so freaking fake..I hate it that the people dont know the truth about my mom.. How she favors children and grandchildren over each other, how she since the time I was little called me stupid, and fat.. and in high school accussed me of being a drunk slut.. yeah ok.... I was and will always be the outsider looking in!!

She will wake up one day and wonder why my kids dont have anything to do with them... well duh its because you havent bother to spend time with them.. to be honest.. I dont think Im gonna take my kids down to see them this summer... what the point...

My family!!

by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
25beengoodtome
by Crazy LiL' Sister on Apr. 28, 2013 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this

You are blessed with a wonderful group of children!

Your mother doesn't realize the precious diamonds she's missing.

~ AT 40-ISH & BEYOND #7446

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Apr. 28, 2013 at 5:16 PM

I'm sorry Sweetie.... That's about all I can say.... Hugz to you and your kids...

cjgmommy05
by Sister on Apr. 28, 2013 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Your children are wonderful.  The fact that your mom treats you like that is totally ridiculous.  I would just go on about your business.  Apparently everyone else is more important.  Its really sad though.  

welcome spring.gif

looneymom424
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Too busy being a want a be...my mom was the same way...my neice was more important now that neice dont want to have anything to do with them...she is 16 and my kids dont care for her they are in their 20s so she has no one.

crazynut
by Bronze sister on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:25 PM

I have yet to figure out why this niece means anything to them.. She only let them see her daughter if they give her money... and my nephew only calls them when he needs something from them...

All my kids want is there attention and love!!

misymac
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Nice looking family.. Don't feel lonely hon, may parent were controlling and I was the baby so I had too much attention from them.. Now my brothers are the ones who don't include me in their lives... Last Oct my brother youngest daughter got married. A few weeks before the wedding I asked where my invite was. He flat told me that he didn't even brother to send me an invitation.. His excuse, he didn't think I would come anyway, that if he sent an invitation then I would have to buy her a gift.. It's been almost 6 months and I yet to receive a thank you for the gift I sent her.. Some times your just better off cutting your losts even if they are blood..

k1kelley
by Kim on Apr. 28, 2013 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs! I don't think it's worth the hurt to try anymore. Goodluck! You do have beautiful children!

lbzmom
by Support Team Sister on Apr. 28, 2013 at 7:36 PM
2 moms liked this

((((((HUG)))))))

You are not alone!!!! I have a crazy family too, my mom only pays attention to me if she wants to see my kids otherwise she has no use for me. and she has her favorites too, and bad talks each of her kids to the others. She's a drama junkie and has to be center of attention always.

And I also have all family blocked on fb because I dont want to see how much they all enjoy each other and never invite me, hubby and kids to anything.

People like this dont change, so you have to decide what roll she plays in your life and go from there.  Some people will think that she is still your mother and you should continue a relationship. Some people will think that if she is doing more harm to your relationship than good, then you should distance yourself from her. To what degree to distance yourself would be up to you.  You deserve to be treated better, I hope she realizes it before it is too late.

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Apr. 28, 2013 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh Hun don't let this eat away at you. Enjoy your time with your kids and your dd's birthday. Tell them good luck at the track meet. Don't let someone ruin your great weekend with your kids...their loss.
CharlotteRose
"A true friend is someone who thinks you're a good egg, even though they know you're slightly cracked."
Today at 1:33 PM
by Bronze sister on Apr. 28, 2013 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, unbelievable!!  That's too bad, I hate to see one side of family "favor" the other NOT fair at all!!  Its her loss not yours! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)