Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

ok, ladies, looking for Candle or Deodorizer recommendations?

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:36 AM
  • 28 Replies
  • 324 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I bought the Walmart candle big one, smelt good while burning but once you had to blow it out it gave off that generic candle smell, Yuk! that just defeated the whole purpose.. I have also burnt incents but that is just temporary.. Just looking for a good candle/deodorizer that would linger in the house.. 

Thanks Ladies.. happy

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
firelites
by Anne on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:40 AM

the glade candles or Indian house blessings

jett286
by BrewMisstress on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I like the Air Wick plug in deodorizer in my front room and I usually burn candles I get at Ross or I buy them from Pier One or when I am splurging Pary Lite....

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:55 AM
2 moms liked this

Bath and Body candles leave a pleasant fragrance long after you blow them out. I change up the scents seasonally. Right now my favorites are Pineapple Mango, Pink Sangria, Lemon Mint Leaf, and Coconut Lime Verbena.

hau_siyoka
by Doll Baby on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:56 AM
3 moms liked this

Wonderful suggestions sissy....You can have potpourri burning as well...If you don't have a container for burning you can simmer on so gently on the stove...if you have stick cinnamon you can use that or you can use what you have in the pantry and use a teaspoon of cinnamon to a small pot of water and simmer it on low and get some scent going till you find an alternative...I always go natural and sometimes are garden is a great thing full of surprises....

Quoting firelites:

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

When my oldest daughter burns B & B candles upstairs the fragrance is strong and noticeable in my downstairs living room. It travels through the duct work! They also make room sprays that I use in my kitchen and bathrooms.

Alwaysmotivated
by Loving Life on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:15 PM

ok, I have seen those, will check it out.. I know I will probably get quite a few recommendations, so not sure in what order I will buy, but anything is better than what I am using now. Thank You..

Quoting firelites:

Alwaysmotivated
by Loving Life on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:16 PM

thats sounds like what Im looking for.. Thank You!

Quoting wishbearmom:

When my oldest daughter burns B & B candles upstairs the fragrance is strong and noticeable in my downstairs living room. It travels through the duct work! They also make room sprays that I use in my kitchen and bathrooms.

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:17 PM

You're welcome! : )

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

Quoting wishbearmom:

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:17 PM

I use the three-wicks. They go on sale fairly often, and they last a long time.

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

Quoting wishbearmom:

Alwaysmotivated
by Loving Life on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Good DEAL, I love sales too :)

Quoting wishbearmom:

I use the three-wicks. They go on sale fairly often, and they last a long time.

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

Quoting wishbearmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)