Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Photo Shoot Gone Wrong

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 7:57 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 248 Total Views
OK, my daughter wants to apply to Biggest Loser so she wanted to have a photo shoot in the back yard....well it went ok until I noticed we were covered in ticks...eeeeeewwwwww....we all went into the bathroom to remove clothing and check each other for the nasty creep crawlies...we all had them on us....4 gals deticked...hopefully we didn't miss any. They really creep me out. Fortunately, none were able to attach.
by on May. 1, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on May. 1, 2013 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this

EEEEEEEWWWWWWWW!!!!!! I hope you got them all!!!!

rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on May. 1, 2013 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting ALolies:

EEEEEEEWWWWWWWW!!!!!! I hope you got them all!!!!

I am praying we got them all. We all stripped naked....deciding finding the little creepy crawlies was more important than modesty...lol.

doodlepuss
by Platinum sister on May. 1, 2013 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Yikes!  I hate ticks!  I'm so glad they didn't attach to either of you.  It's always a bit tricky to get them off.

My poor cat Jupiter (the one with all of the allergy problems) got locked out on the front porch overnight-by my dad.  Luckily it's enclosed but when I brought him in to warm him up I saw a tick crawling on the blanket.  Ick ick ick.  Thank God I had put the Advantage on him--that tick wanted nothing to do with that animal.  I find them on the dogs occasionally.

doodlepuss
by Platinum sister on May. 1, 2013 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this

The last one I had on me was when I was in college.  I was in a co-ed service fraternity and we were cleaning up a boy scout camp.  I finally got home and was taking a shower and I saw the little b.  Of course, I freaked a little and did what you're NOT supposed to do--just yank it off.  I just couldn't stand the idea of it on me.

Great!  Now I can feel my scalp crawling!  LOLOLOL  Just the thought of them makes my skin crawl.

rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on May. 1, 2013 at 8:24 PM

We must have taken 10 off us....I think I now have PTSD...I may need therapy

Quoting doodlepuss:

The last one I had on me was when I was in college.  I was in a co-ed service fraternity and we were cleaning up a boy scout camp.  I finally got home and was taking a shower and I saw the little b.  Of course, I freaked a little and did what you're NOT supposed to do--just yank it off.  I just couldn't stand the idea of it on me.

Great!  Now I can feel my scalp crawling!  LOLOLOL  Just the thought of them makes my skin crawl.

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on May. 1, 2013 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this

That's horrifying. I'm glad they didn't attach. Han had one in her scalp once that I had to have removed in the ER.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on May. 1, 2013 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

eeeek

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on May. 1, 2013 at 8:30 PM
2 moms liked this

ADD THAT TO YOUR LETTER!!!!!

I would add that to your letter when you try to apply!

rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on May. 1, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Quoting wishbearmom:

That's horrifying. I'm glad they didn't attach. Han had one in her scalp once that I had to have removed in the ER.

I have to remove several attached ones each year....I hate it! I live on a farm with lots of grass, trees etc
SeanandNoahsmom
by Manning Fan on May. 1, 2013 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

EEEEWWWWW gross! Good luck to your daughter though

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)