Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

The Difference Between Being 24 and almost 53 is...

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 9:48 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 140 Total Views
2 moms liked this

today my daughter and I ran in a 12k race. She was sore, exhausted on the bus ride home. I have years of races under my belt, so I sat in silence, admiring all the finishers around me, including the little kids; that's a great feat for kiddos under 13! When I got home I showered and rested a while, then got up and worked in the yard. My 24 yr old daughter said she was going to shower but was too sore and tired, so she had to lie down immediately. But...then she got up. took a shower and got herself fixed up to go out for Cinco de Mayo, though on her way out the door she complained that she was sore and sunburned. I worked in the yard for a while, but I'm ready to curl up on the sofa and read or watch tv by 8 pm. Oh to be 24 and be so vocal about everything, all the while being able to "buck up" and party  : p

by on May. 5, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MandMsWorld
by Sister on May. 5, 2013 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL - yeah - I was going to say about a lifetime!

This is why my DH and I are so lucky we can date during the day....because we are too daggone tired to do it any other time!

doodlepuss
by Platinum sister on May. 5, 2013 at 9:57 PM

I just stuck my 5 year old in bed an hour early because he was over tired and I'm not far behind!  I don't know what that means exactly. LOL

I can't remember the last time I had the energy to get fixed up at the end of the day to go do anything.  I could use a night out--haven't had one since W was born--how sad is that? 

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on May. 5, 2013 at 10:00 PM

It's beyond sad, and you totally deserve a night out! I used to put my kids down for a nap because "mom's tired and needs a break!" and even hearing the excuse, they cooperated (okay, Han was my stubborn one, and she still is). I SO hope you get a much-deserved break soon sweetie!! It's tough enough being a mom, but being a single mom is the toughtest job in the world! ((HUGS!!)))

Quoting doodlepuss:

I just stuck my 5 year old in bed an hour early because he was over tired and I'm not far behind!  I don't know what that means exactly. LOL

I can't remember the last time I had the energy to get fixed up at the end of the day to go do anything.  I could use a night out--haven't had one since W was born--how sad is that? 

doodlepuss
by Platinum sister on May. 5, 2013 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting wishbearmom:

It's beyond sad, and you totally deserve a night out! I used to put my kids down for a nap because "mom's tired and needs a break!" and even hearing the excuse, they cooperated (okay, Han was my stubborn one, and she still is). I SO hope you get a much-deserved break soon sweetie!! It's tough enough being a mom, but being a single mom is the toughtest job in the world! ((HUGS!!)))

Quoting doodlepuss:

Thanks! I'm hoping to meet some people when I start working and be able to do things. I let the hubs go to KISS concerts but I could never trust him not to be drinking if I went out. What a boob.
wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on May. 5, 2013 at 10:06 PM

What a boob indeed : (

Quoting doodlepuss:

Quoting wishbearmom:

Quoting doodlepuss:

Thanks! I'm hoping to meet some people when I start working and be able to do things. I let the hubs go to KISS concerts but I could never trust him not to be drinking if I went out. What a boob.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on May. 5, 2013 at 10:31 PM

hugs, know what you mean...

rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on May. 5, 2013 at 10:31 PM

I tell my kids that they don't make kids like they used to. They hate to go play with mom because I go full out and they can't keep up....lol. I say those aches and pains let me know I am alive. Congrats on our race....it must be a wonderful sense of accomplishment to run that distance...going over the finish line...bravo!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)