Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

plans, surprise or whatever?

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 2:20 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 141 Total Views
2 moms liked this
Do you momma's make plans for your moms day?
do you liked to be surprised?
Or do you just go with where the day and the ppl you love take you?
If i dont plan at least dinner i wind up eating leftovers ( yes i could be positve and see thia as a no cook night lol) my mil isnt doing well ( that side does a oh it maybe her last xmas, easter moms day so best spend the day with her, so i am guessing dh and kids will go over there) my mom is no longer alive ( yes she is in my heart always) so moms day is bittersweet for me!
Hope all of you here have a wonderful day this sunday full of hugs, memories made and love!
by on May. 7, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
firelites
by Anne on May. 7, 2013 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

right now we are planning on going over to my MiL's and after that we shall see how the day goes

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on May. 7, 2013 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

hubby usually asks me what I want to do.  We don't do anything w/the in-laws (mine or his).  I usually just like to stay home or go to some 'out of the way' place to eat...  This year if it's nice I just want to take the doggy and family to the pond across the street and let them go crazy..

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on May. 7, 2013 at 3:58 PM

BIL wants us to visit his church as they are doing something special for Mother's Day. That isprobably how the day will start...
Both kids have to work. Jamey only works a few hours but probably won't make it here on Sunday. We will do something either before or after. Kevin goes to work at 7:45 Saturday morning and works til 8:15 Monday morning. We may go to his work for a little while in the afternoon on Sunday. My goal is for a relaxing day... We'll see... lol

arthistmom
by on May. 7, 2013 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband and our boys always take me out for brunch. I have no hand in choosing the venue but I just know to put on a pretty dress and be ready to go. :-)

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on May. 7, 2013 at 7:49 PM

I do NOT do restaurants on mothers day, or valentines day for that matter.  I do not find the idea of a crowed restaurant fun in the least!  I will do take out from a nice place... but I rather not eat than deal with a restaurant on mothers day.

As for the plans.... well the last number of years the family has taken a morning hike with me.  I LOVE to hike and it is the one day that I can get them all out with out a fuss.

As for the rest of the day.... I dont care.

looneymom424
by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:55 PM

All my kids will be here not sure how it is gonna go

GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on May. 8, 2013 at 9:55 AM

My brothers and husband are really good about making plans for us.  We always have breakfast/brunch at my brother's house - he goes all out with pancakes, eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, fruit, and so on.  It's a feast!

In the afternoon we moms either go to a movie, go shopping, or just sit around and enjoy doing nothing while the guys take care of the kids.

In the evening, the guys always barbecue for us.  They take care of everything from cooking to serving to clean up!  

Arwyn724
by Bronze sister on May. 8, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Can I come over?  My oldest is going to her MIL's and my youngest is going to her Dad's to see the grandma's.  I'm all alone on Mother's Day!!!

Quoting GoddessJohnnie:

My brothers and husband are really good about making plans for us.  We always have breakfast/brunch at my brother's house - he goes all out with pancakes, eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, fruit, and so on.  It's a feast!

In the afternoon we moms either go to a movie, go shopping, or just sit around and enjoy doing nothing while the guys take care of the kids.

In the evening, the guys always barbecue for us.  They take care of everything from cooking to serving to clean up!  

Arwyn 724 

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on May. 8, 2013 at 1:06 PM

We will be in Disneyland this year, but usually my oldest daughter takes me to lunch the Saturday before Mother's Day. Last year we got pedicures.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN