Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Exciting happenings

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 12:35 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 118 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I think I told you guys about my husband having the opportunity to colaborate with a professional brewer in our area a few months ago.  It was really cool watching my husbands recipe being brewed and coming up a name and now next week it heads to Seattle to participate in an event North vs South (Washington) breweries....WELL  there is an internet show (working on pilots for a network) The Beer Travler who interviews brewers and does stories about the area the brewery is in etc... The producer heard about the story and my husbands disease and how he still LIVES everyday to the fullest....anyway...he wanted to do an episode on the colaboration and how supportive the brewing community is etc..film the brewing and interview the brewer, the pub owner who brought all this together and my husband...So yesterday we filmed and the interview was with my husband and I and our two boys regarding my husbands disease and how it affects our family and what a great opportunity it is to have had his recipe brewed by a local brewery and be included in the process.  It was an awesome experience.  My husband and I had the BEST time hanging out with these guys even after filming, having some beer (tasting my husbands and its really good) and getting to know these people better.  The brewer who has been brewing craft beer commercially for 20 years told us that this is one of the best beers HE has ever brewed....WOW and he's not the kind of person to BS...it's 'big' beer with a lot going on...juniper, star anise, gin....but it is really drinkable and is aging very nicely.  Anyway my husband is on cloud nine and I am so proud of him.  We're kinda keeping it on the DL from our normal community until we see the actual episode.....but I HAD to share it here....Seeing my husband so giddy and happy is just awesome..

Between that and my son's car being stolen on Monday I am exhausted from it all.  So happy to have a low-key day before that same son has his wisdom teeth out tomorrow....  Ah yes I am still a mom not a MOVIE STAR!  LOLmardigras

Jeanette

"Love is a fabric that never fades, no matter how often it is washed in the waters of adversity and grief". -- Anon.
by on May. 8, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
firelites
by Anne on May. 8, 2013 at 12:47 PM

congrats !

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on May. 8, 2013 at 1:36 PM

That's awesome!!!

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on May. 8, 2013 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

That's really cool about the show. I'm sorry your son's car was stolen though

: (

looneymom424
by on May. 8, 2013 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Thats cool
starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on May. 9, 2013 at 12:23 AM

way to go 

GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on May. 9, 2013 at 9:54 AM

OMGosh girl, how exciting!!  So thrilled for your husband and your whole family.  I can't image the pride you must all be feeling.  Enjoy the glow!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)