Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This Is How Our Day Went

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Sue
  • 20 Replies
  • 285 Total Views

Han woke up at 3 am crying her stomach hurt. I gave her tums and put a heating pad on it, figuring it was maybe gas. By this morning she had a fever and it was clear I needed to take her to the dr. I took her to Urgent Care, where we waited 2 1/2 hrs to be seen. He couldn't rule out appendix, so he sent us to the pediatric ER, where we spent another 5 hrs. They did an ultrasound, but 2 technicians and a radiologist couldn't locate the appendix. The dr didn't want to do a CT scan because of the radiation unless she was showing more symptoms, so he prescribed an anti-nausea med and gave me a list of signs to watch for. She's resting on the sofa with a heated blanket. I gave her some advil, and I hope she gets better rather than worse. I am exhausted, and I didn't eat anything this morning or even bring a water bottle. I hadn't expected the day to unfold like this.

by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maida265
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:26 PM

That is an awfully long day. I know an appendix can be tricky to find with an ultra sound but I would honestly take that as a GOOD sign. Had it been inflammed or infected it would have stood out like a neon light. Sure hope she feels better.

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on May. 24, 2013 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Poor babies... I know you are both exhausted. I hope Han gets to feeling better and hope you get some rest...

HUGZ!!!

wishbearmom
by Sue on May. 24, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Thank-you. I'm wondering why they didn't even check her white blood count. Even the ultrasound tech was surprised they hadn't.

Quoting Maida265:

That is an awfully long day. I know an appendix can be tricky to find with an ultra sound but I would honestly take that as a GOOD sign. Had it been inflammed or infected it would have stood out like a neon light. Sure hope she feels better.

wishbearmom
by Sue on May. 24, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Thank-you. Between going all day without food or water and playing a long waiting game, my head is pounding to the point that my ears are ringing. It feels like it's in a vice. I still have to disinfect every surface in the house and put clean bedding on the bed so she has a germ free environment, as if that's possible with 3 dogs.

Quoting ALolies:

Poor babies... I know you are both exhausted. I hope Han gets to feeling better and hope you get some rest...

HUGZ!!!

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Sister -lp on May. 24, 2013 at 8:06 PM

What a rough day. *HUGS* Get something to eat, some water and some rest.

smack05
by Sister on May. 24, 2013 at 8:10 PM
I hope she feels better fast might not wanna give advil to her in case it is her appendix and they have to remove it
browneyedbitty
by Bronze sister on May. 24, 2013 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh I am so sorry. I hope she is feeling better soon!
hau_siyoka
by Wanda - Indian Girl on May. 24, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Oh I am so tired for you Sissy....Kick back and rest you need it badly....Han will let you know how she's doing especially if its more painful...my thoughts and prayers are with you Sissy....

wishbearmom
by Sue on May. 24, 2013 at 9:13 PM

((Thank-you so much)) She's been asleep since we've been home from the ER. It was a tiring day for her too, and she's been such a trooper!

Quoting hau_siyoka:

Oh I am so tired for you Sissy....Kick back and rest you need it badly....Han will let you know how she's doing especially if its more painful...my thoughts and prayers are with you Sissy....

wishbearmom
by Sue on May. 24, 2013 at 9:14 PM

I haven't slept more than 4 hours in 2 nights. I am truly exhausted. Thank you.

Quoting ALolies:

HUGZ!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)